Couch surfing? in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Couch surfing? in Cambodia?

Post by phuketrichard »

have they arrived yet to enjoy the $.50 beers and free entertainment on Riverside?
Couch Surfing – so much more than being a Cheap Charlie!
Thousands of travellers coming to Thailand each year couldn’t care less about the ever increasing cost of accommodation at the country’s leading tourist resorts.
No, they are not sleeping out or camping….they are members of a worldwide movement that continues to go from strength to strength.

Couch Surfing.

The name of the concept is rather apt. Basically couch surfers are people doing what travellers throughout the world have always done. They get recommendations from people about free places to stay.
http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle ... p-charlie/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: Couch surfing? in Cambodia?

Post by Rutiger »

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Phnom Penh has had CouchSurfing meet-ups done I can remember.

No, I never went to any.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Drag away in the middle of the night by few thugs, beaten to an inch of their lives n robbed of watever valuables, for girls gang raped. Thats why i think its not safe at all.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hammock surfing for Cambodia surely?

Working at a guesthouse in Cambodia; some backpackers rocked up and asked us if they could string their hammocks in the garden for free. I told them to go find their own trees.

Note to newbies: you don't "couchsurf" in hotels or guesthouses. :facepalm:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Anchor Moy wrote:Hammock surfing for Cambodia surely?

Working at a guesthouse in Cambodia; some backpackers rocked up and asked us if they could string their hammocks in the garden for free. I told them to go find their own trees.

Note to newbies: you don't "couchsurf" in hotels or guesthouses. :facepalm:
Had some that started setting up a tent outside the bungalows, didn't stop to ask. Hi there, getting comfortable? Apparently they weren't intending to use the facilities so it was all cool.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

personally;
i would never invite a total stranger into my home that is to fucking cheap to go stay at a gh for $20
seems the hoster gives and the surfer takes
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Cheap accomodation is plentiful in Cambodia, but if pple want to Couchsurf then up 2 them. However i think if Cambodias cheap accomodations are just too budget breaking for some travellers that they should stay at home instead. Seriously is $1 dorms in snookie, to the usual $4-7 dollars budget choices too much?

Now in Thailand, where similar rooms can cost double and its more trendy and westernised, then i understand that more. :popcorn:

And no, you can't couchsurf in Walkabout, or Sharkeys, and no you can't squat either!
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

should fence of some trees in snooky and charge security fee for hammock surfing, toilet and shower facilities. should be good biz
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic