A Go Fund Me plea to help an Aussie English teacher "escape" to Australia from Cambodia,where his child has a dim future

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Go Fund Me plea to help an Aussie English teacher "escape" to Australia from Cambodia,where his child has a dim future

Post by Wanker Wat »

https://www.gofundme.com/escape-from-ph ... -australia

Escape from Phnom Penh to Australia

This is Erin, our daughter. She was born in Cambodia. She is 1 year and 3 months old. Her mother Dana and I have been teaching English in Cambodia for about 5 years and we have really enjoyed it but now Erin is getting older and we have realised she deserves more than Cambodia can provide. We earn very little as teachers so we need help exiting Cambodia and heading to Australia to settle down and live happily ever after.

Erin needs safe roads, clean food and a great education. She deserves to grow up in my home country of Australia where there is very little crime or polution. Most importantly, She deserves a life where she can get to know her great grandfather, grandfather and grandmother.

Thank you so much for reading and possibly helping us. Any amount you donate is guaranteed to change our lives for the better. We are raising a little over $5000 Australian for my partner Dana’s Residency application so she can become an Australian citizen.

We want to escape within the next 6 months. Erin's grandfather is getting on in his years and we don't want to miss introducing Erin to her great grandfather. We would be very grateful for any help you can provide to make many dreams come true.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Go Fund Me plea to help an Aussie English teacher "escape" to Australia from Cambodia,where his child has a dim fu

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

I don’t get why anyone would donate money to an Australian who choose to come to Cambodia to create a family and then wanting to send his fam to Australia at other peoples cost. I mean he choose all of it by himself. Other people are starving and freezing and bleeding to death and most of them had no choice. It makes much more sense to help those people if possible. Oh how cute his granpa doesn’t want to miss his first bd. Of course starving children have no grandparents.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Re: A Go Fund Me plea to help an Aussie English teacher "escape" to Australia from Cambodia,where his child has a dim fu

Post by Cambo Dear »

Yeah, they are both English teachers apparently (apart from being unable to correctly spell pollution), and as such should be pulling a decent wage. Saving 5k AUD is feasible. Saying he needs to 'escape' the country that he chose to make home and presumably he enjoyed very much is more than a little disrespectful. That he wants to better the prospects for his daughter is commendable, but he might have to put some leg work in. With so many living relatives, couldn't they lend him some cash ffs? Laziness I would assume is the problem.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

He can get a plane ticket to Australia for a few hundred dollars, apply for unemployment benefits the day he arrives, and start looking for a job. It shouldnt take long to save enough money for his wife and daughter.

He could ask his relatives if he can borrow the money.

I am amazed at what people ask money for.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

That has to be the most brazen GoFundMe plea yet. Where are the great grandfather, grandfather, and grandmother?
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.radcliffe1

"Trying to escape Cambodia. It's lucky I love teaching English and I don't go to bars."

With that tagline they can save some money if they don't drink? I think a 2 TEFL-er household should be able to manage?

Didn't think sober TEFLers were out there. It's almost a job requirement to have drug and/or alcohol problems.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

btw, that gofundme is 5 months old so obviously not gaining any traction.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

This is a real Australian hillbilly and the grandpa is probably 40 years old, and the great grandpa is probably 55 years old. That's right, these are the prime earning years and instead of being an e-beggar, this clown needs to beg money from them!

TEFLer huh? Reminds me of the guy from Michigan with the 4 year degree in welding, and the guy from the UK with the 4 year degree in bricklaying, both teaching English!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

It's over 11k for a residency application, why only 5k?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

DFAT and border protection hates brown people
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic