New Section Suggestions?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

New Section Suggestions?

Post by OrangeDragon »

Anyone have any ideas for new sections? Post em here, and others can vote for them (by posts, no polls). My idea is a section specific to Cambodian Photography (yours and links to stuff done by others). Thoughs?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:Does the forum platform support wiki's? Might be worthwhile playing with a couple on, say, visa and customs, where to buy/get certain things...
good idea, i bet there is a mod for that.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i shoot alot but am not going to post my photos online. ( as do more than a few photographers that make Cambodia home)
also personally hate the idea of someone posting someone else's photo.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

i was thinking links to them... not posting it as if it's their own.

there are a lot of photography blogs/etc people start for their work, where reposting some of their images and a link to their blog would be both good content for us to discuss here and good traffic driving for their site/blog.

for example:
Ttr
Expatriate

Post by Ttr »

Every man and his dog takes photos these days.
Ttr
Expatriate

Post by Ttr »

OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Another idea... a Tourist Zone. For asking tourist/tourism related stuff from our wizened expert expats.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

there is a difference between taking pictures
and making photographs
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

OrangeDragon wrote:Anyone have any ideas for new sections? Post em here, and others can vote for them (by posts, no polls). My idea is a section specific to Cambodian Photography (yours and links to stuff done by others). Thoughs?
I think a music forum and a movie review forum would be great. links to youtube to avoid copyright problems.

Seconders?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Yeah, a tv show and movie section.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic