#TeamSihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

#TeamSihanoukville

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Had a good experience in Sihanoukville, then let it be known, as Hotdigr has mentioned numerous times the place doesnt get as much good press as it deserves, so if youve had a good experience, found a decent bar/restaurant, experienced some good service, taken some nice photos etc. feel free to share... :thumb:

my favourite time of the day, from my favourite beach shack "Martinis", one of the better things in SHV
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: #TeamSihanoukville

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I had an awesome experience in Sihanoukville once - I found a taxi driver to take me somewhere else.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TheGrinchSR wrote:I had an awesome experience in Sihanoukville once - I found a taxi driver to take me somewhere else.
:plus1: best to look at the positives though ay haha
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Whats the best thing about sihanoukville?

The flight out.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I love the place. A bunch of great beaches within a few minutes drive of each other. Food options have gotten a lot better there. Deals on all sorts of accommodation.

I've spent months on Otres Beach, before they had power. It was like camping, LoL.

Nothing is better than eating those fish fillets ON the beach while watching people blow themselves up with Roman Candles.

Never a huge fan of "The Hill" or that Lion's Circle agrees with Shipwreck Bar, but The Square is cool.

My lazy ass even kayaked from Otres to some small island. Great fun. I think that was with Orange Dragon.

I'll really miss Tony. Heading to Charlie Harper's was usually one of my first stops. Usually to eat, but always ended up getting shit-faced and staying late.

Rode around with Orange Dragon and Ken Svay the last time I was there, walking onto house construction sites, which always got Ken on a long and funny rant, LoL.

Met HotDigr there, of course, who, believe it or not, has always been in a good mood and with good company.

Sped through the town in BarangDeSoul's (fuck, I can't type his username right) race car.

And it's a shame the balloons are gone. They were too much fun!

There was that Green Emerald place, I think that was the name, which was fun.

Met the owner of LivingInCambodia for the first time there. Although I recently stalked him in Battambang, LoL.

Smoked a few on the beach with Captain Bonez, before I even knew who he was.

Some would even accuse me of having a few fun nights at Utopia.

Happy pizzas in those makeshift "cinemas."

Even spent a few mellow days on Koh Rong.

A few drinks work LaudJohn, although I haven't been to his new place down there yet.

Always a fun time in Sihanoukville. Slightly depressed every time I leave there.

Otres was really fancy last time I was there. But now they have paved roads and power, so that was just a matter of time.

Another really cool thing there, which you don't always see, is the phosphorescent algae in the sea that lights up pretty bright sometimes. That shit is cray-cray.

So I love the place. I've never thought of it as a 5-star resort kinda beach town, but there's a lot of fun to be had there.

Even managed to get over to some "waterfall," and while it wasn't impressive at all, the place was cool.

Also spent many days on secluded beaches in Sihanoukville. Mainly Otres during the rainy season and HS Beach.

And it's only a short distance from Kep/Kampot, which is another plus.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

yes I like shv too
dont understand the detractors who constant slag it of maybe theyd be miserable bastards back home to or anywhere for that matter. especially that trapper guy
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hell on earth, innit ?
Image Image Image
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

While racing my two Yankees CEOs to the beach shacks should have played some old De La Soul hip hop rather than Eminem :lol:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i can think of worse places to live for sure
Image Image Image Image Image
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Look, it is a terrible shithole and I'm fuked if I can not help but agree with Grinch and BkkTrapper, those 2 pillars of taste, knowledge and sophistication. So pleased you fella's found your way out after seeing the best of this place!
Image Image Image Image Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic