Jao last night near back of Royal Palace

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Jao last night near back of Royal Palace

Post by Joker Poker »

I live in a shophouse (level 1) on a street behind the palace. Last night I was just getting ready to go to bed at around 1.30 am and I went into the living room to put something away. The lights were off inside and I could see a shadow moving across the curtains at the front of the house.

What the fuck? I thought, so I prised the curtains open a little bit and could see a female looking figure going through the clothes hanging on the clothes airer on the balcony.

Not being really sure what to do next, I yelled out 'what the fuck are you doing?' The person then looked at me somewhat nonchalantly and I started yelling JAO! Although it looked female, I then got the distinct impression that it was a ladyboy - something about the hair and face just seemed wrong for a lady.

Anyway, the person then calmly legged it over the balustrade, manouevered around the short dividing wall between my place and the western side neighbour, hopped over their balustrade and out of sight. Thing that struck me was how smoothly they did this, pretty clear they'd done this little move before. I then unbolted the front door, unlocked the security door and looked over but the jao was nowhere to be seen. Next door's balcony goes around a corner and then the jao could easily have gotten down to street level. Grabbed my trusty 8 iron and headed downstairs, but no one to be seen.

It appears that nothing was missing. Reckon I'd remember the profile if I see the person again, so I wonder if it is someone who lives nearby.

A timely reminder to keep everything locked, and also to keep anything valuable, keys etc as far away from windows as possible.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Jao last night near back of Royal Palace

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Joker Poker wrote:.....A timely reminder to keep everything locked, and also to keep anything valuable, keys etc as far away from windows as possible.
And also a reminder not leave your "special underwear" in a place ladyboys might see it.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:.....A timely reminder to keep everything locked, and also to keep anything valuable, keys etc as far away from windows as possible.
And also a reminder not leave your "special underwear" in a place ladyboys might see it.

:bow: Made me laugh! Never thought of that.

Can't imagine anyone pinching mine, but the other-half's - maybe.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

if it was a ladyboy he might have been hunted yours for sniffing puposes
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

SockPuppet wrote:if it was a ladyboy he might have been hunted yours for sniffing puposes
Then they would want the dirty ones, they are kept out the back. Hmmm, better check back end security, no pun intended.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
If i had a dollar for each time a ladyboy saw my special underwear...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:If i had a dollar for each time a ladyboy saw my special underwear...
It would clearly be your shout, but you'd have plenty of personal space?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Joker Poker wrote:...I then unbolted the front door, unlocked the security door and looked over but the jao was nowhere to be seen. Next door's balcony goes around a corner and then the jao could easily have gotten down to street level. Grabbed my trusty 8 iron and headed downstairs, but no one to be seen...
I wonder if something like this is part of the scenario that led to tragic murder of the Dutch woman and her child a few weeks back.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

UPDATE:

Apparently two young dudes were seen in the area yesterday (daytime) and were thought to be scoping out motos to flog. They were told to fuck off by a moto guard at one of the shops. One of them had a hairstyle that matches the one I saw last night. Said not to be a ladyboy, but a dude with hair in a shoulder length 'bob' style. Okay, probably is a ladyboy at nights...

Anyway, if you live in the area and spot this dude, come and borrow a golf club and we'll see what sort of distance we can get with a short iron.

The two little pricks were obviously scoping out more that just motos.

Just saw your post LTO - yes, that certainly could be the case.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Joker Poker wrote:
SockPuppet wrote:if it was a ladyboy he might have been hunted yours for sniffing puposes
Then they would want the dirty ones, they are kept out the back. Hmmm, better check back end security, no pun intended.
No wonder why there is a terrible odor stinking all over the Kingdom last night.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic