Youtuber MrBeast Helps 2000 Cambodian Amputees

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Youtuber MrBeast Helps 2000 Cambodian Amputees

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

YouTuber MrBeast Helps 2,000 Amputees in Cambodia Walk Again in Heartwarming Video
Curated By: Shaoni Sarkar
News18.com
Last Updated: May 08, 2023, 11:26 IST

YouTuber MrBeast AKA Jimmy Donaldson has now helped 2000 amputees in Cambodia walk again. The YouTuber, known for his grand-scale philanthropic projects, partnered with an organisation called Exceed Worldwide that has been helping amputees for free for 30 years. The video, posted on MrBeast’s supplementary channel Beast Philanthropy, shows a harrowing portrait of amputees in Cambodia who, for lack of money, face a host of accessibility problems including access to education and employment.

Cambodia is a country undergoing a landmine crisis- a product of war- which affects countless who become disabled after accidentally stepping into mines. The people thus affected seldom get the care they need to access a completely fulfilling life. The video also showed how the clinics that help amputees are on the verge of shutdown.

MrBeast helped fund prosthetic limbs for 2000 amputees in the country. The video specifically showed the journeys of two women who got prosthetic limbs and ushered hope that they would be able to access better education and employment afterwards.

Cambodians in the comments were appreciative of MrBeast’s gesture. “Thanks for coming to my country! Although I didn’t get to meet you I’m proud of what you did. Cambodia has thousands of landmines that were planted back in the Khmer Rouge in 1975-1979. Most of them are still here to this day and poor kids die or get injured and lose their legs by stepping on them. Seeing all those people’s happy faces restores my faith in humanity," one YouTube commenter wrote.

“On behalf of my country Cambodia, we really appreciate your efforts towards our country. Thank you for all you’ve done it has been a pleasure to have you here in our country, and we hope you have a pleasant stay!" One YouTube user wrote.
https://www.news18.com/viral/youtuber-m ... 47915.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Youtuber MrBeast Helps 2000 Cambodian Amputees

Post by Spigzy »

Top bloke.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

inb4 he is granted honorary citizenship
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

It's always nice to see happy people, so, best thing today on CEO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic