Server maintenance at 12:40 today

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
UnluckyBurger
setuid(0);

Server maintenance at 12:40 today

Post by UnluckyBurger »

Dear users,

Please be aware that we will switch to a new server in approximately 20 minutes. The site will go down for less than an hour during this time.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
UnluckyBurger
setuid(0);

Re: Server maintenance at 12:40 today

Post by UnluckyBurger »

Done. Welcome to the dark side.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Well done!!!! I was expecting to be offline for a while!!!
:thumb:
UnluckyBurger
setuid(0);

Post by UnluckyBurger »

The whole point of the migration was to prevent being offline. ;-)

Expect some minor hiccups throughout the day. We are migrated but I still have some small remaining tasks to perform. Nothing serious but best handle it now than later. I will keep this thread updated as I go. And of course I'll monitor the situation to ensure that we're spinning as expected in the new environment.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:beer1: Very smooth.
UnluckyBurger
setuid(0);

Post by UnluckyBurger »

OK, that's enough for now. Please let me know if you are experiencing any sort of problems.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Thanks. Very smooth and you deserve this. :)

បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I know you dont want to hear this BUT
the site is hanging, the little wheel spins and spins, going to the cloud flare page and god help ya if you try to open full editor,
sorry
could be cause it Sunday an more traffic than during the week
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
UnluckyBurger
setuid(0);

Post by UnluckyBurger »

No. I want to hear it so I can address it as soon as possible and never have to care about it again. The sooner the better.

All feedback is good feedback.

Traffic is normal. Server is currently using between 0.1 and 2% of its available resources, except RAM which I have filled with database caches.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Ouch! Just got this one:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic