Fake $100 Notes

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Fake $100 Notes

Post by Joker Poker »

Was at WA the other night and bought a beer with one of the new $100 notes. Unbeknown to me, the person who had just been served before me also paid with a new $100 note, and there was a lot of screening going on. Turns out his note was rejected as a fake. Sphincter clenched, they checked mine, no problem.

Thought it might be worth posting this vid on 8 ways to detect the real thing. Painful narration but useful nonetheless.

Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Fake $100 Notes

Post by Jaap N. »

Very useful indeed, I cleaned my ears after watching the video, haha. Thanks for posting!
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Thanks for posting this, it was very helpful.

I know how to check the old bills but never thought to learn how with the new ones.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

holy crap... did we just get told how to spot counterfeit money by a 9 year old?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote:holy crap... did we just get told how to spot counterfeit money by a 9 year old?
I hope the NSA is spying on that kid. Definite counterfitter in the making.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic