How racist/sexist does a thread have to be?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

How racist/sexist does a thread have to be?

Post by vladimir »

So, can we criticise people because they are black?

Jewish?

Female?

Just asking, because some fucking retard posted a very racist thread about Cambodian women on a forum that apparently hates black people.

We should get Jews to run such forums, because they have experience of the worst form of racism and would never participate in such vile practices...oh, wait...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: How racist/sexist does a thread have to be?

Post by OrangeDragon »

In general we frown on racism... but we try to leave it up to our members (and us as members) to bash them for it in the thread. Even if by some miracle it was one of us... don't be afraid to call us out on it, likely we'll reread what we posted and make the appropriate apologies or clarify if it's a misunderstanding.
Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

If it's 'racism/sexism' done in the best possible taste then it should be open slather.

Just not Icelandic black dwarfs cause my sisters married to one and she reads CEO on a regular basis.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

vladimir wrote:So, can we criticise people because they are black?

Jewish?

Female?

Just asking, because some fucking retard posted a very racist thread about Cambodian women on a forum that apparently hates black people.

We should get Jews to run such forums, because they have experience of the worst form of racism and would never participate in such vile practices...oh, wait...
Which thread are you talking about? The "Love over money"? The French Bashing Thread?
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Rain Dog wrote:
vladimir wrote:So, can we criticise people because they are black?

Jewish?

Female?

Which thread are you talking about? The "Love over money"? The French Bashing Thread?
Vlad's thread got taken off pretty damn quick!
Not sure whether it was the general anti-black comments that pop up over there, or something in particular that raised Vlad's ire - but I agree with Vlad that there are double standards.
In saying that, I find it a bit ironic that ones can be vocal about this issue and yet have so much venom toward different religions (and I speak as an areligious person) on these forums. Aren't you doing the thinking for a thinking person - I mean, can they not make their own intelligent mind up on these matters - I did and do! I don't need someone else telling me that I shouldn't believe what someone else believes, I can do that myself.
In fairness to Vlad though - he hates all!

BTW, nothing wrong with dwarfs - they're awesome!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Born-Confused wrote:Aren't you doing the thinking for a thinking person - I mean, can they not make their own intelligent mind up on these matters - I did and do! I don't need someone else telling me that I shouldn't believe what someone else believes, I can do that myself.
I .. err .. think I know what you said there, and, Cool! :D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

You know, I don't care if you are black, white,yellow or green. Male, female or not quite sure. Christian, Muslim, J.W. Gay or straight. Fat or skinny. Red head, blonde or brunette. I will happily say "G'day" to (almost) anyone and ask them to sit down and have a beer with me. If I don't ask twice, its because you belong to the one group I am truly and proudly prejudiced against - FOOLS. Everyone of those groups above have their fair share of good and bad people and complete and utter FOOLS. I have neither the time nor the patience to put up with a FOOL. People that generalise about groups, without getting to know the individual, are in my opinion the biggest fools of them all.
Just sayin' you know!
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Hotdigr wrote:You know, I don't care if you are black, white,yellow or green. Male, female or not quite sure. Christian, Muslim, J.W. Gay or straight. Fat or skinny. Red head, blonde or brunette. I will happily say "G'day" to (almost) anyone and ask them to sit down and have a beer with me. If I don't ask twice, its because you belong to the one group I am truly and proudly prejudiced against - FOOLS. Everyone of those groups above have their fair share of good and bad people and complete and utter FOOLS. I have neither the time nor the patience to put up with a FOOL. People that generalise about groups, without getting to know the individual, are in my opinion the biggest fools of them all.
Just sayin' you know!

I did like that, if only it had a small caveat to include the French, I would support it whole heartedly
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Cheese surrender eating monkeys!
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic