Kampot Woman Followed Home and Robbed

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kampot Woman Followed Home and Robbed

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

On the Kampot Noticeboard today, an expat woman reports that she was followed home and robbed on arriving in her house. The attack occurred around 7-8pm, and the woman was awake and present when the thieves entered her home.
Also, she says that she has dogs.
I have dogs and I was at home... But thank you for your advice
Recently there have been an increase in muggings and robberies in Kampot. Expats and locals are victims. Expat and local women on their own are particularly targeted by the thieves.
Stay aware and stay safe. Report to the police if you have been a victim of a robbery or attempted robbery. Each report may assist the police in their investigations.

See also the thread on Kampot bag snatchers: post416167.html#p416167
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Kampot Woman Followed Home and Robbed

Post by phuketrichard »

there have been lots of reports on the Kampot FB section lately of people being robbed and attacked by khmer boys>
most late at night>
its NOT safe out there
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Entering someone's home silently when there are dogs around?

Not with my dogs... And they ain't special at all.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Kampot becoming wild west.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 pm Kampot becoming wild west.
I've noticed a lot of reports of similar crimes and many more types, including violence, in Battambang over the past year or so. It made me write that place off for future consideration.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:37 pm Entering someone's home silently when there are dogs around?

Not with my dogs... And they ain't special at all.
Yep, that’s a bit strange, my dogs aren’t special either but they always make a ‘commotion’ when anybody calls at the house (regardless of whether they are strangers or familiar faces)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

in my yard i am getting 2 geese
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:37 pm Entering someone's home silently when there are dogs around?

but then...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 pm Kampot becoming wild west.
Kampot was always a bit wild. The hills around there were Khmer Rouge strongholds till at least the mid 90s. Lots of demobilized/ defected soldiers live in the area. Not that they are really a problem, their kids might be though. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:47 pm

but then...
Strange twist of story.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic