We are fighting a war against covid. And there's no peace treaty on the table.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

I just celebrated my son's 4th birthday today, and am preparing to get ready for my late father's dob, on the 18th. This contrast between life & death got me in a contemplative space...

We should instead salute the underpaid Cambodians who are working to help us.

It great when a well-funded organization helps. It's divine when the underprivileged are the ones stepping up.

Smile at the next volunteer/medical staff you meet. They have been crawling in the belly of the beast,
not to make a lot of money, but for a sense of duty, nation and X.

There are many ways we can get out of this war.

But there are only a handful of ways, to come out of it as a better, stronger nation.

I would like to thank every underpaid Cambodian who is selflessly standing in the hot sun, in close proximity with 'death' to vaccinate our whining asses.

Expats need to get with the program.

The first responders... They are not promised 401K's. They are not promised gold and profit-sharing.

But they are there. And that matters.

Give them a hand-drawn card, flowers, or something when they come to take you into quarantine or jab a metal thing into your arm.

How we overcome covid, should matter more than when.
Last edited by ofparadise on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
snoink
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: We are fighting a war against covid. And there's no peace treaty on the table.

Post by snoink »

You make it sound like it's 1938.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: We are fighting a war against covid. And there's no peace treaty on the table.

Post by ofparadise »

It kinda is, I guess. That was a pivotal period in time. The world is no longer the same after that.

Covid has changed the direction of the future. Old plans need reworking.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Give them a hand-drawn card, flowers, or something when they come to take you into quarantine

I'll give them this:

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Yep, I think you are right about the war, with a situation of no sure outcome at this time. I could be seen that too we are losing the battle, with the last strike on India, hospitals and staff so overwhelmed that the dead had to be piled up upon each other in the entrance's. It does sound like a battle field, of an enemy we can not see. Brazil have now got a new variant, and very powerful, tends to go for the young. How can the enemy be stopped if its one step ahead.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:02 am Yep, I think you are right about the war, with a situation of no sure outcome at this time. I could be seen that too we are losing the battle, with the last strike on India, hospitals and staff so overwhelmed that the dead had to be piled up upon each other in the entrance's. It does sound like a battle field, of an enemy we can not see. Brazil have now got a new variant, and very powerful, tends to go for the young. How can the enemy be stopped if its one step ahead.
Brazil is 5 steps behind because of their president. Idiocy yields idiotic outcomes.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Brazilian Covid variant: what do we know about P1?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ariant-p1-

It's found its way to the UK
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic