Work Permits in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pissey
Tourist

Work Permits in Phnom Penh

Post by pissey »

On another forum some expats claim to have work permits and seem very pleased with their purchase. I am not so sure if I want one. If you teach english at some crap school here, do you have to have one?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Work Permits in Phnom Penh

Post by Soi Dog »

pissey wrote:On another forum some expats claim to have work permits and seem very pleased with their purchase. I am not so sure if I want one. If you teach english at some crap school here, do you have to have one?
If you work in Cambodia you are legally required to have a work permit and follow all the rules. This goes for most places on the planet. If you don't get a work permit to teach, you will be breaking the law, and your employer will be too. Don't be surprised if the proper authorities punish you if they catch you breaking the law.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

pissey wrote:On another forum some expats claim to have work permits and seem very pleased with their purchase. I am not so sure if I want one. If you teach english at some crap school here, do you have to have one?
Apparently this is how it's going to be (or is) http://www.mlvt.gov.kh/news/announcement/news-on----80
Under the article you can download all the docs/forms.

:beer3:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'd try to avoid it as long as you can.

Seems like it costs about $100 a year and you can also be bsck-charged about $100 a year for every year you've been here without one. I have seen no incentives to try and get signed up.

Try your luck!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Work Permits in Phnom Penhla

Post by taabarang »

So, general, if and when you come back to Cambodia, are you going to follow your own advice?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Gonk probably wouldnt need to. He just gonna kick around in Cambodia pimping with the Golden Sorya Mall hookers with the inheritance from the Arab skanks.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

taabarang wrote:So, general, if and when you come back to Cambodia, are you going to follow your own advice?
Yes, of course! Why wouldn't I?

So many people worried about work permits, yet so very few people have even had to deal with them. (Sorry, "reading" scary articles about them doesn't count as "dealing with" them.)

Of course things could change later, but as of right now I don't see the point in trying to get one.
flying chicken wrote:Gonk probably wouldnt need to. He just gonna kick around in Cambodia pimping with the Golden Sorya Mall hookers with the inheritance from the Arab skanks.
LoL, something like that. Image

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

By the way, when will you be back? And as for scary articles there isn't a hell of a lot else available except newspapers. Also, in Cambodia the truth is frequently scary. Perhaps that is why Cambodians in general avoid it.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

taabarang wrote:By the way, when will you be back? And as for scary articles there isn't a hell of a lot else available except newspapers. Also, in Cambodia the truth is frequently scary. Perhaps that is why Cambodians in general avoid it.
Around May, me thinks. We'll definitely meet up if you're up for it! Maybe I'll have to dress up like an Arab and go around all of Cambodia meeting fellow CEO members. Image

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote:
taabarang wrote:By the way, when will you be back? And as for scary articles there isn't a hell of a lot else available except newspapers. Also, in Cambodia the truth is frequently scary. Perhaps that is why Cambodians in general avoid it.
Around May, me thinks. We'll definitely meet up if you're up for it! Maybe I'll have to dress up like an Arab and go around all of Cambodia meeting fellow CEO members. Image

Everyone in Cambodia dresses like that now. Could you not just bring back a camel to ride around on, that way we will all recognize you .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic