What are teachers doing for work?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

What are teachers doing for work?

Post by Electric Earth »

I was contacted by my (now ex) school and informed that they're getting rid of me(and another teacher) due to financial issues. They said they can no longer afford higher paid expat teachers due to the uncertainty of this whole mess.
I'm looking to keep some income flowing if possible. I read something on one thread about typing essays online for money, but there was zero detail included in what the person was talking about. Does anyone know what that might be? Any other ideas on ways to earn some income while we hope for schools to start back up? I'm already looking into teaching online, but would love some other ideas.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
sigmoid
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: What are teachers doing for work?

Post by sigmoid »

This site lists all the online teaching companies in one place:

http://www.goodairlanguage.com

Proofreading and editing is another option. Try contacting some small translation companies. Have a look at craigslist or other similar sites.

There's also camshows, but that's mostly for women, as far as I know.
bobagubi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by bobagubi »

Contracts with 'force majeure' clauses are still binding.
Brody
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Brody »

bobagubi wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm Contracts with 'force majeure' clauses are still binding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic