coping with lockdown

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

coping with lockdown

Post by fazur »

reading books, sword of honour by evelyn waugh
listening to vivaldi and bach
running earlier so noone complains about 4am now
pulling out bottle sof wine i bought years ago
the partner likes chicken bbq, will do the kobe steak later
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: coping with lockdown

Post by DaveG »

Watched " Contagion " last night.... probably wasn't a good idea..... :shock:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:00 pm Watched " Contagion " last night.... probably wasn't a good idea..... :shock:
Try Outbreak. That was much nastier...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Walking 5 miles a day (no fuckin mopeds on pavements which is fantastic)
No Booze
Good food
Diet
No TV before 6pm

It's fine at the moment and sustainable for a month or more if needed.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Walking 3-4 kms a day. Not bumping in to another soul, which is lovely.
Enjoying 4 cold tinnies every evening.
Reasonable food (I'm a terrible cook). Food improves when my parents cook, but the workload has to be shared!
Avoiding as much TV/Internet/Facebook as possible. (Watch one news bulletin in the morning and rely on CEO for the rest... :lol: )
Living in possibly the now cleanest house in UK Hahaha.
Reading.
Gardening as the weather is lovely.
Chatting with friends (actual talking rather than messaging) daily. Although conversation starters can be quite limited at the moment.

I think we are well set to live this life for a number of weeks. Poor old Mum has to go to hospital on Monday and Wednesday next week for tests that can't be delayed. She is not looking forward to it, but the tests really do need to be done now.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Playing Plague Inc.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

stop drinking the alcohol... and it only took a global pandemic to get me to do such a positive life move
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I am using passap to call tuk tuks and wiping the seat and arm rests down with clorox wipes.
My apartment is well stocked and my wife is a superb cook and I was a Chef for 25 years all across the USA..
I am watching my dvd and Blu-ray collection I have schlepped to Cambodia over the past 3 years.
My apartment has a 10 meter pool and I am swimming 3-4 days a week.
Only 5 of the 7 units in my building are occupied and some people do not swim.
I am in a lockdown of sorts.. meaning I cannot book my flight back to the USA in late May to go work on my house and put it on the market for sale.
So, I will continue to bake breads and make pizza dough and enjoy my retirement in Siem Reap.
I am impressed with how my go to markets have provided sanitizers as has my bank ATM.
I was even tested for fever at the front gate of my meat purveyor Lee's frozen food yesterday.
I purchased a prime grade New Zealand ribeye, buffalo, pork and mozzarella.
I am grateful to be here with my beautiful wife instead of stuck back in the USA alone with her alone here. I made it back on January 20th after dealing with my mom's death..
I had to fly through China 6 times WHILE CHINA KNEW THEY HAD THE VIRUS IN WUHAN.
I spent 8 hours at the Shanghai airport on one trip and 8 in Guangzhou on another.
I flew back from the states through Hong Kong on the 20th of January.
So, I suspect I have already had the fucking Wuhan china virus already.
In my humble opinion the virus was in Cambodia months ago but was never tested.
I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than here with my Khmer wife.
I have 5 seasons of Peaky Blinders on blu ray and just finished another binge on season 4...
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

Starting season 3 of ozark 1 and 2 were brilliant 3rd is looking very promising

I get out mountain biking most days.

Im a bit limited as to what work I can do on my campervan conversion because it parked on the street and all the sodding builders merchants have shut so I can't get timber.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic