Can anyone recommend a good big bike repair shop in Banlung?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
last man standing
Tourist
Germany

Can anyone recommend a good big bike repair shop in Banlung?

Post by last man standing »

Need to fix some Problems and Google was not really helpfull. Asked the Staff at my Guesthouse as well, but they only recommend some Shops specialized in small motos.
Thanks for any advice.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Can anyone recommend a good big bike repair shop in Banlung?

Post by Cooldude »

You might need to get the bike in a truck or van and head to Phnom Penh or maybe Siem Reap.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

last man standing wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:40 pm Need to fix some Problems and Google was not really helpfull. Asked the Staff at my Guesthouse as well, but they only recommend some Shops specialized in small motos.
Thanks for any advice.
AFAIK currently there's no such place. I live just outside of Ban Lung and used to get my big bike serviced in Phnom Penh. One of the reasons I stopped using it. It's a pain. Behind the market, on the street opposite Canadia Bank, there are a few shops operating trucks to Phnom Penh on a daily basis. They can take your bike and drop it off at Oh Russei market. Maybe Vireak Buntham (close to the roundabout) can transport it too, either in the cargo hold of one of their night busses or in their trucks.
last man standing
Tourist
Germany

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:10 pm
last man standing wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:40 pm Need to fix some Problems and Google was not really helpfull. Asked the Staff at my Guesthouse as well, but they only recommend some Shops specialized in small motos.
Thanks for any advice.
AFAIK currently there's no such place. I live just outside of Ban Lung and used to get my big bike serviced in Phnom Penh. One of the reasons I stopped using it. It's a pain. Behind the market, on the street opposite Canadia Bank, there are a few shops operating trucks to Phnom Penh on a daily basis. They can take your bike and drop it off at Oh Russei market. Maybe Vireak Buntham (close to the roundabout) can transport it too, either in the cargo hold of one of their night busses or in their trucks.
Ok, if I will not find another solution, I will keep it in mind.
Thanks
BongKingKong
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by BongKingKong »

There is 1 good shop. He fixed my friends africa twin last year. Street parallel to main road. About 300m from the "green carrot corner" direction market. I have pictures in front of the shop but don't know how to embed.
MarkArmstrong
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MarkArmstrong »

What kind of bike
What are the symptoms

You may be able to fix it or at least get it to some help without additional expense if you can apply a temp fix
last man standing
Tourist
Germany

BongKingKong wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:01 pm There is 1 good shop. He fixed my friends africa twin last year. Street parallel to main road. About 300m from the "green carrot corner" direction market. I have pictures in front of the shop but don't know how to embed.
Yes, found it yesterday. But it was late already, so I will check it out this morning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

There's definitely a few shops there because last two visits I was able to get new brake pads all around and a chain and sprocket another time without any trouble for my 450

stung treng and kratie have at least two or three "big bike" mechanic shops each also
last man standing
Tourist
Germany

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:41 am There's definitely a few shops there because last two visits I was able to get new brake pads all around and a chain and sprocket another time without any trouble for my 450

stung treng and kratie have at least two or three "big bike" mechanic shops each also
Found a trustworthy Shop. Have a good Feeling with it.
I will know in some hours..
Didn't expect it could be a Problem to find a good "Big Bike" Shop here, cause I see many foreigners driving their Bikes here, Trekking-Tours etc.
Thx for all the Advices
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic