Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A British man, who says his name is 'Micky Smith' was found in bad condition and dropped off at the Calmette Hospital in Phnom Penh by some good Samaritans, but needs further assistance. If you recognize him, inform the British Embassy.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DingDong
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by DingDong »

He is a psycho. I saw him a couple weeks ago on Riverside and warned him that a criminal gqng was about to rob him.. gangsters hanging around him... He folliwed me away from them and then.. accused me of 'threatening' him and that I looked like a criminal.
I made tracks away from him then as it looked as if he was either psycho or super drugged .
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Reading "badly burnt" I was thinking more Freddy Krueger but he just looks like he's fell asleep in the sun for a couple of hours.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The guy looks like he fell head-first on to the footpath or road or something. It's a shame that westerners with problems think that their problems will disappear if they move to live in the third world, aka Cambodia.
Not judging or shaming, but if anyone knows this person - supposedly British - and wants to help him, then try to find his identity and possible family in the UK who might help him.
Also, some people criticize Calmette Hospital, but when they take in a foreigner in distress like this, they don't know if they will be paid or not. Yet they will take care of him. :hattip:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Check the eyes, and the smile
He's on a mission from God.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Every important or capable country should have a representative on the ground. Many do already. People seem to misunderstand what an embassy's role is in a country. It has always been to encourage cooperation and trade and good relations between countries. They have never been about helping their helpless ordinary citizens who get themselves in trouble abroad. No country, especially the UK, can afford that kind of shit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:04 pm Every important or capable country should have a representative on the ground. Many do already. People seem to misunderstand what an embassy's role is in a country. It has always been to encourage cooperation and trade and good relations between countries. They have never been about helping their helpless ordinary citizens who get themselves in trouble abroad. No country, especially the UK, can afford that kind of shit.
This should be posted in 10' high letters at the arrivals area of the airport.
I might even save it so i can quote it on the next hapless retard that thinks the embassy should bail them out of their self induced hellhole they dug themselves into.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:04 pm Every important or capable country should have a representative on the ground. Many do already. People seem to misunderstand what an embassy's role is in a country. It has always been to encourage cooperation and trade and good relations between countries. They have never been about helping their helpless ordinary citizens who get themselves in trouble abroad. No country, especially the UK, can afford that kind of shit.
It should be important for a "first-world" country - even if it's just for public image and relations - that they look after their own people, and that they don't leave third world countries the responsibility of looking after their down and out citizens.
I cringe when I see first world beggars here in Cambodia. It's upside down. Cambodian beggars would never be accepted into Europe or USA or Australia.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm

It should be important for a "first-world" country - even if it's just for public image and relations - that they look after their own people, and that they don't leave third world countries the responsibility of looking after their down and out citizens.
I cringe when I see first world beggars here in Cambodia. It's upside down. Cambodian beggars would never be accepted into Europe or USA or Australia.
The UK accepts any cunt and treats them better than the natives born and bred there
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Soriya wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm

The UK accepts any cunt and treats them better than the natives born and bred there
Can you please start a new thread about your concerns instead of muddying this one up with your unsubstantiated nonsense?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic