homesteading USA

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

homesteading USA

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

We were discussing this the other day. not sure when homesteading finished in the USA. Are there people in the USA who have gone into the wilderness, maybe Oregon or Washington or even Alaska state where they can illegally build a place and stay undiscovered ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: homesteading USA

Post by John Bingham »

Silence, exile, and cunning.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

They can't afford to live in the society that has been created, sadly it's happening in many countries buying a home or renting has become unaffordable for many average income workers
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I was am reminded of the time I travelled all over the states on greyhound buses in the early 90s. A arrived at Oakland bus station on my way to San Francisco and decided to stay there for a night as I thought it might be cheaper. I asked the women at the ticket desk what area I could find a cheap motel, she told what area to go. I went outside and asked a cab how much it would be to go there he looked at me in amazement and said "I'm a nigger and I don't go there" I decided not to stay in Oakland. I also noticed that apart from Detroit it was the only bus station where I saw security guards with guns in holsters.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:16 pm I was am reminded of the time I travelled all over the states on greyhound buses in the early 90s. A arrived at Oakland bus station on my way to San Francisco and decided to stay there for a night as I thought it might be cheaper. I asked the women at the ticket desk what area I could find a cheap motel, she told what area to go. I went outside and asked a cab how much it would be to go there he looked at me in amazement and said "I'm a nigger and I don't go there" I decided not to stay in Oakland. I also noticed that apart from Detroit it was the only bus station where I saw security guards with guns in holsters.
I lived in Oakland in the 90s. I'd rather live in Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic