Woman Asks for Justice After a Beating by Ministry of Defense Officer

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Asks for Justice After a Beating by Ministry of Defense Officer

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: According to a source from the Facebook account Pich Staneli posted a miserable message: "Please, Bun Rany and Samdech HE, please help me: "I was threatened by a man who was physically and verbally abusive because he worked at the Ministry of Defense. I am a normal citizen. What do I do to be fair?"
The woman said that she had an affair with a boyfriend, a military officer who worked for the Ministry of Defense, and she thought that they would be married and live happily ever after. But her dreams were destroyed when her lover beat her up and physically abused her, causing serious injuries to her body.
The victim said that she does not want to name the officer or make him lose his job, but he has a high rank and she has nothing, so she is reaching out to Samdech HE on social media to ask for justice.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Woman Asks for Justice After a Beating by Ministry of Defense Officer

Post by GMJS-CEO »

What are the injuries? Particularly the first photo I don’t see any injury, only see something in the second photo.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:58 am What are the injuries? Particularly the first photo I don’t see any injury, only see something in the second photo.
Probably needs a brain scan to see the cause of the injuries.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

She doesn't want to name him or for him to lose his job, but she wants justice... I don't understand.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Electric Earth wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:25 am She doesn't want to name him or for him to lose his job, but she wants justice... I don't understand.
My reading:
So far, she has not revealed his name, and if he agrees to pay her compensation for the assault (justice),then she will not splash his name all over social media. However, if he does not want to pay ... name and shame :director:
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Ahhh, That kind of justice. Money justice seems to be a popular one these days. I should have realized what she meant.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

"...she thought they would be married and live happily ever after". :bad:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
handonheart
Expatriate
Austria

Post by handonheart »

Affair...money...officer...in a countrx where the military is big...yeah tough luck girl.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

What kind of a country is it where you have to reach out to a godlike PM instead of going to the police and then it takes the normal way in the justice system?
Weird shit
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

King Keil wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:54 pm What kind of a country is it where you have to reach out to a godlike PM instead of going to the police and then it takes the normal way in the justice system?
Weird shit
The power of social media. She presumably thinks it'll likely get more attention and the result she's seeking...especially if it goes viral. Could backfire on her too tho.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic