Immigration confyscated my passport is this normal?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
chrisjones
Expatriate

Immigration confyscated my passport is this normal?

Post by chrisjones »

I arrived two days ago and the immigration guy at the airport wouldn’t give me back my passport he just waved for me to go is that normal???

Now I’m at the quarantine hotel and no one speaks English and I have no idea who has my passport what is going on?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Immigration confyscated my passport is this normal?

Post by Doc67 »

chrisjones wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 am I arrived two days ago and the immigration guy at the airport wouldn’t give me back my passport he just waved for me to go is that normal???

Now I’m at the quarantine hotel and no one speaks English and I have no idea who has my passport what is going on?
Don't worry, this is normal procedure. Upon your release from quarantine it will be returned.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

chrisjones wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 am I arrived two days ago and the immigration guy at the airport wouldn’t give me back my passport he just waved for me to go is that normal???

If you read all before coming and understood the info provided here as well as other places this a normal thing..
It will be given back to you when you have completed quarantine as Doc has said..

good luck relax
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

If you want it back sooner you can get it easily. Break out of quarantine, and they will give it back as they deport you.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, that is the current procedure. Immigration retains your passport until you test negative on 2nd test and are released from quarantine, you will receive your passport back upon check-out.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:23 pm If you want it back sooner you can get it easily. Break out of quarantine, and they will give it back as they deport you.
:ROFL:
...after another round of 14 days quarantine though, so no, won't get it back sooner
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

worth a crack
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic