Have you ever kept a new years resolution?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Have you ever kept a new years resolution?

Post by ItWasntMe »

I realize it's pretty cliché to ask if anybody has a new years resolution... but did you ever keep one?

Myself not sure, need to ponder this one.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Have you ever kept a new years resolution?

Post by Freightdog »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:54 pm I realize it's pretty cliché to ask if anybody has a new years resolution... but did you ever keep one?

One. I vowed never to make any further such promises with which to further beat myself with, later. I revel in my success, thus far.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

This will be the my first New Year’s resolution that I keep.

Cut back on work so I’ll be alive to see retirement.

Apparently missus values my life over money.

I might not have enough to retire (in the US) now, but as long as I have her, anywhere is great.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I committed to packing up smoking. And am approaching 6 years off cigarettes.
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Yerg wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:42 pm I committed to packing up smoking. And am approaching 6 years off cigarettes.
Congrats, man. That's a tough one. Took me a couple tries over years for it to take. I'm terrible at keeping new years resolutions.
GeorgExpat
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by GeorgExpat »

Yerg wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:42 pm I committed to packing up smoking. And am approaching 6 years off cigarettes.
That's awesome, well done! I'm on my second year without cigarettes.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Exercising every day without fail. This will be my third year I have achieved this. Well, unless I get run over by a bus in the next three days.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

My New Years Resolution will be to give up posting and wasting time on the CEO Forum.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:54 pm I realize it's pretty cliché to ask if anybody has a new years resolution... but did you ever keep one?

I've never made a new years resolution on the grounds that if I'm actually resolute about absolutely anything at all I can effect it immediately without waiting for something totally arbitrary like a new year to begin
GeorgExpat
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by GeorgExpat »

hanno wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:29 am Exercising every day without fail. This will be my third year I have achieved this. Well, unless I get run over by a bus in the next three days.
I am amazed by your dedication. Congratulations on this great achievement!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic