British Woman Starts GoFundMe to Get Father Out of Calmette Hospital, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Woman Starts GoFundMe to Get Father Out of Calmette Hospital, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: British man, Adrian Brooks, has been in Calmette Hospital in Phnom Penh since 15 November 2019 when he "fell from a height" (no other details available). His daughter has tracked him down, and is trying to raise the money to get her father back to Britain. She needs money to pay the hospital and to fly him home.
Mr Brooks is also in a bad way because he was reportedly robbed of his passport, money and bank cards.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/get-ady-broo ... hare-sheet

Update from the daughter:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: British Woman Starts GoFundMe to Get Father Out of Calmette Hospital, Cambodia

Post by BR549 »

Does this lady know her father needs someone to take care of him in the hospital? His meals etc.?
My wife took care her father every day when he was dying.
$1600£ in 6 weeks?
That is cheaper than a decent hotel.
A great height?
No passport?
Christmas?
Go figure ....
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Woman Starts GoFundMe to Get Father Out of Calmette Hospital, Cambodia

Post by pczz »

I am suprised he had just recovered from TB. We are all inncouated against that as children in UK
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: good old rory
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

PIEMAN wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 pm :beer3: good old rory
You shouldn't doxx people!
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

BR549 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:24 am Does this lady know her father needs someone to take care of him in the hospital? His meals etc.?
My wife took care her father every day when he was dying.
Good point I sent her a message on GoFundMe to inform her incase she was unaware, hopefully, she can get someone to stop in a couple times maybe a homecare aid?

Also apparently TB is no longer a regular inoculation in the UK unless there is an increased risk and I am guessing the USA as I don't think I have had mine. Apparently, its not as effective for adults too... lovely. "The vaccine is 70 to 80% effective against the most severe forms of TB, such as TB meningitis in children.

It's less effective in preventing respiratory disease, which is the more common form of TB in adults." https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinati ... b-vaccine/
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

there a new strain about my mate died last yr from it,btw we paid for all his expenses his mayes,no need for insurance. :stir: :stir:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
RobinHood
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by RobinHood »

Gotta love Rory. Has he managed to control the 'slight' liking for alcohol derived drinks yet? Apart from that he's a top lad. Being a southerner I'm surprised shandy isn't his tipple ;0
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Any details on the fall from height?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

$1600 is dirt cheap. It's weird that she was able to fly here, but not enough cash to get him out? We've all been insolvent at some point, but it's a surprisingly low amount for Cambodia. No surgery or anything obviously. Hopefully he gets out soon, but I find it weird that the family couldn't scrounge together $1800, then ask the embassy for a loan flight back.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic