Follow up to Lias bye bye howii

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Follow up to Lias bye bye howii

Post by taabarang »

First of all many thanks to those of you who offered plausible solutions to a final exit scenario. I have been in contact with a specific poster and no further suggestions are needed.

I cannot speak with certitude about even the approximate time/date of my passing. As a husband who receives Social Security benefits I find myself duty bound to provide for my family; I.will hold out as long as I can.

For those of you with kind words for my posts, please accept my gratitude to be shared equally with those who who don't like them but said nothing. So, I ain't gone yet and neither are my remaining posts. I've had a great life-there is no reason for tears.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Follow up to Lias bye bye howii

Post by phuketrichard »

make some oil and hold out till the pain is unbearable and just ain't worth it any longer
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

taabarang wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm I find myself duty bound to provide for my family; I.will hold out as long as I can.
If you can hold out till your kids have completed Year 12, that would be great.

Your decision has been made, but I for one would try that hash oil. As GM said, you've got nothing to lose.

I notice that I didn't make your list of top Mods, but, nonetheless, you were always on my imaginary list of 'posters I'd most like to meet'. Maybe we still can.

(No reply necessary)
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Good to see you have found what you need.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

This is for you
Spoiler:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Your kids and their mom are eligible for usa ss.
Get the formalities done and they will have some security.

Registration of the kids as citizens born abroad has benefits if you are the biological father.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I wasn't going to post on your threads as i only know you through your posts but.... we must all face our own mortality and i would simply like to wish you well till you deem the time is right to leave us.
God speed and we will be thinking of you and i am sure your name and memory will live on.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 pm Your kids and their mom are eligible for usa ss.
Get the formalities done and they will have some security.

Registration of the kids as citizens born abroad has benefits if you are the biological father.
No they are not. To qualify they need to be live in the states for a minimum of 5years and unless you have income other than SS they will not let you take them to the states. They do all they can to keep them from collecting SS otherwise that would be a great way to do it just keep having kids. They can be out of wed lock too, and collect fathers SS, so it would be great for us old geezers we'd have lot of "wives" and kids
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Without sounding morbid what time frame we talking, days, weeks?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

davegorman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 pm Without sounding morbid what time frame we talking, days, weeks?
I quite frankly don't know. The first symptom was bloody urine which was diagnosed as a nonmalignant prostate, which indeed was accurate. Ó Further scans revealed kidney and gall bladder stones, enough for a gravel quarry and the 3rd scan revealed the malignant urinary bladder tumor. The usual time frame is 5 months. Since I've no idea when growth began I can't know how much is either elapsed or left.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic