Warning of Exploding Phones After Toddler Injured

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Warning of Exploding Phones After Toddler Injured

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Thbong Khmom): A Khmer social media post says that a toddler was injured in the face when a phone exploded, and the person is warning people to take care.

According to social media, an account name Sen Sanas posted, " I used to hear from the news, but now it happened on my grandchildren who lived in Kroch Chmar district, Thbong Kmum. My niece charged a phone about 4 to 5 meters from the kid, but the kid still got attacked from the explosion. Please be aware of charging the phone."

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Warning of Exploding Phones After Toddler Injured

Post by Yerg »

What odds on it being a cheap copy phone??
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Either that or battery and charger issues?
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The instance of exploding phones in Cambodia is pretty high relative to the outside world. Cheap chargers, poor power source
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

I was told this problem stems from cheap fake Samsung batteries made in China. They start to swell up and get really hot, is one of the tell-tale signs. Always keep an eye your new phone's battery if bought here, and particularly if Samsung.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

And that was from 4 meters away.

Many parents leave the phone in the baby's hands to distract him, even while charging.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I was setting up an apartment in Nepal years ago when I kept getting non-working or faulty appliances, power boards etc. I mentioned it to an NGO friend who was of the understanding that many developing countries get the "seconds" from manufacturers. That is, the products that fail to pass testing at an A level, products that would be delivered countries with high safety standard requirements, are shipped to developing countries with lower requirements. Whether this is the case with phone batteries or is actually a practice of manufacturers, I don't know. It seems a reasonable assumption.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:37 am The instance of exploding phones in Cambodia is pretty high relative to the outside world. Cheap chargers, poor power source
As is the instances of death by electrocution, and cars bursting into flames.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Sometimes even phones for 800 bucks start to burn and you can't bring them on an airplane anymore.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic