Expats Looking for German National ULRICH HOFFGEN Accused of Not Paying Staff in Siem Reap, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Expats Looking for German National ULRICH HOFFGEN Accused of Not Paying Staff in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Posts and comments from social media:

'Hello expat group, I am a local ironworker in Siem Reap. I have big problems with a German expat I did a very big works for (ULRICH HOFFGEN) he did not pay my work.

He promised me many times for many months. Always “next week”, “next month I pay” but never pay now I think he run away.

Now no response to my messages.

Because of this, I can not pay for anything and my family has now a bank loan. I have very hard time because this man run away.

Please PM to me if you know where he stay or work.

Thank you so much.'

'He is a horrible man. I worked for him for a week last year. Found out he rarely paid staff or anyone he owed money to. He was incredibly rude to local staff so I quit.
I know lots of people who he owed money to Image

Please report him to German Embassy and local authorities.

I hope karma hits him hard.'

'This guy always run away without unsolved the payment as I have heard from other too '

'I worked for him and did not get paid as well he is a piece of shit spread the word'

ImageImageImageImageImage

https://facebook.com/groups/90018567671 ... 9867407437
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Expats Looking for German National ULRICH HOFFGEN Accused of Not Paying Staff in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by Alex »

What's the point of reporting him to the German Embassy? That's a matter for the local police. If he's still in Cambodia, they can question him. If he's back in Germany, he won't be extradited but might be dumb enough to return.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Expats Looking for German National ULRICH HOFFGEN Accused of Not Paying Staff in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He owns a hotel.

I have no idea what is preventing the khmer tradesman from going there with ze piggies.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:59 pm He owns a hotel.

I have no idea what is preventing the khmer tradesman from going there with ze piggies.
Apparently i read somewhere he lost that for never paying the rent
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Maybe he's a Nigerian in disguise? They are very slippery I hear...
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

I guess the poster thinks all us white folk are buddies or something, like we all hang out together offline
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

God'sGift wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:05 pm I guess the poster thinks all us white folk are buddies or something, like we all hang out together offline
I know a German dude here. He is cool for a German dude.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

A Kraut hotelier in Siem Reap......maybe hanno knows him.
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

This is disheartening. I've always admired Germans (and Japanese) with their integrity, efficiency and fastidious attention to detail. Why don't as many expatriate abroad like Brits and 'Mericans? Brits seem to get everywhere - shite blustery weather and fat-arsed birds in leggings perhaps.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Skankykins wrote:Brits seem to get everywhere - shite blustery weather and fat-arsed birds in leggings perhaps.
Translation, please?

British/Australian/Kiwi English has all sorts of phrases that make me scratch my head.

Sorry to derail this thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic