Tales of the Unexpected

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Tales of the Unexpected

Post by vladimir »

A thread for discussing bizarre tales from teachers and administrators.

I shall kick it off:

Years ago, I was working at the only university in Tou Kork.This guy L***** was teaching evening classes, and even now he would make me look like a long-distance runner, huge. I think he had borderline diabetes.

Anyway, a few times students came to me several times and told me he had fallen asleep in class. I mentioned it to him, but no improvement. Finally, one evening, he fell asleep during the last session (7-830pm).

So I asked the students to leave very quietly, left the light on, and we all went home.

Apparently he woke up at 1130pm and couldn't get out of the building, security were asleep, he finally managed to rouse them around midnight.

Still had the bloody cheek to complain to me the next day that no one woke him up.

Coming next: hashish being sold in the teacher's room.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Tales of the Unexpected

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I was visiting a school in Sumatra as a guest for a few days at the invitation of the english head who found me wondering the streets of Medan. I'm a moron so I was only prepared to address school assembly and aid with conversational english with both students and teachers over the three days I was there - I was the first native english speaker to the school.

The school was a few hours from medan and I would stay at the english head's house while there. The final night I'm woken by the english head trying to get into my bed in a physical state common to males of a morning. Suffice to say I was somewhat displeased.
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nightmare.believer »

There was a Scottish guy with a shaved head who used to teach in South Korea. He'd zone out in class periodically. But his best point was the way he'd yell at the students: "You're not rrrrolling your "Rs! I told you to rrrroll your Rs!" These kids were middle schoolers.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

This should be good.

My French teacher was Scottish. Fat chance with the accent.

We'd learn Parisian French, nobody in Quebec understood that.
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nightmare.believer »

A girl that was on the same plane as I was coming over to South Korea just happened to be starting the same time as me at a language institute. I was dipping her later that night at the YMCA on Chongno. This went on for about two weeks before I was too sick and tired of her insanity to bother shagging her, as the Brits would say. She was one of these people who was certain if they talked slow enough to someone, that person would understand her foreign language. We were in a cab and she's trying to get this Korean cabbie to drive us to the front of the movie theatre, and she's talking really slowly, and I'm laughing hard because I'm drunk and that bitch sounded so stupid. Then she kept saying, "Nostradamus! You know...Nostradamus. Nostradamus!" The louder she said it, the funnier it got. She used to bring her fucking puppy dog to class. She ended up getting pregnant from one of students. Cute girl, nice body, batshit insane.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I was volunteering with some doctors in Nepal. My task was to record the height and weight of primary school students as well as the circumference of their head. I myself am a big guy with a big head. One of the last kids for the day said as I'm measuring his head "Not big head. You big head boss."
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

vladimir wrote:A thread for discussing bizarre tales from teachers and administrators.

I shall kick it off:

Years ago, I was working at the only university in Tou Kork.This guy L***** was teaching evening classes, and even now he would make me look like a long-distance runner, huge. I think he had borderline diabetes.

Anyway, a few times students came to me several times and told me he had fallen asleep in class. I mentioned it to him, but no improvement. Finally, one evening, he fell asleep during the last session (7-830pm).

So I asked the students to leave very quietly, left the light on, and we all went home.

Apparently he woke up at 1130pm and couldn't get out of the building, security were asleep, he finally managed to rouse them around midnight.

Still had the bloody cheek to complain to me the next day that no one woke him up.

Coming next: hashish being sold in the teacher's room.
After reading this, all I think is "where can I score some good hash". This Cambodian ganja is shite!

Maybe I need to make friends with the tefl teachers.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

vladimir wrote: Coming next: hashish being sold in the teacher's room.
And don't forget the one about the bong in the teacher's room. (Regent College wasn't it?)

%)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

This thread has a lot of potential! *popcorn*
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

So I asked students at the school if they had a dictionary etc.

In G7, I wrote the word thesaurus on the board.

Anyone know what a thesaurus is/

Best answer I ever got: 'A dinosaur?'
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic