Man Pulls Out Gun and Goes Hunting in a Village at Midday

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Pulls Out Gun and Goes Hunting in a Village at Midday

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Takeo): On November 2, 2019, an unidentified man drove into a village in a car, and pulled out a gun to go bird hunting in the middle of the village in Bati district, Takeo.

According to social media, an account named Sim Chansi posted that " I didn't know what the man was thought he was doing. He carried a homemade gun to shoot the birds in the village in the middle of the day when people were around, without caring about anybody's safety. And nobody even stopped him."

After seeing the post on social media, there were a lot of commenters who were not happy with the man's action, and disappointed in the lack of police reaction.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Man Pulls Out Gun and Goes Hunting in a Village at Midday

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Car repayments taken their toll?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

He carried a homemade gun
It's hard to tell from that distance but it looks like a factory made hunting/ target rifle with a scope from what I can see.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

It could be a spring powered air rifle, hard to tell from the picture.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The home made ones usually have a gas tank somewhere though and goofy shapes. I've never seen an air rifle here, in real life or any police report. It's weird because they are very common in Europe, as are shotguns but the only ones I've ever seen here are those pump action Vietnam war era 77Es. Not much shotgun ammo around either. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah in no way does that look like homemade. The buttstock shape looks a bit too crafted to be homemade. Judging by the car, he's probably got enough cash to buy a proper hunting rifle. Good thing he got reported. Hopefully someone snoops and finds out who he is. Funny how some guys like that act like they own the place once they go to the countryside.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:06 pm bird hunting

SternAAlbifrons:

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Huh.. what...

Sorry, the air rifle and the story sent me off day dreaming - to the halcyon days of my youth.
One of our entertainments for a few years every Friday nite was playing commandos with our air rifles -
shooting out the street lights in the neighbouring suburbs. (circa; age 12-14)
Back in the days when they were simply an incandescent bulb with a concave metal disc as a shade.
PING when you miss, POP when you hit.

Do you reckon that bloke would lend me his air rifle for a couple of hours tonight...
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

We shot out the windows of our un-manned at night police station on several occasions with .22 air rifles :twisted: :twisted:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

My Guess

CZ 452 .22LR Bolt Action Repeating Rifle with 5 or 10 Round Detachable Magazine

The shape of the Stock, the Magazine in front of the Trigger Housing, the protruding Striker Pin Assembly and the Front Sight.

Popular, Cheap and Readily Available

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic