Silent City: iRoHa Garden Hotel & Resort

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Silent City: iRoHa Garden Hotel & Resort

Post by newkidontheblock »

On my parents first (and probably only) visit to Phnom Penh to see missus, they wanted to stay at this place based on customer ratings.

http://agoda.onelink.me/1640755593?pid= ... id=1770664

Nestled between Ironman’s house and the Vietnamese embassy, this is the ideal getaway from everything Cambodian, in Cambodia.

Japanese trained staff greet by name and always want to know how you are doing and how to better spoil you. Possibly too much.

The breakfast menu is limited to a Japanese set, Western set, and Khmer. The hotel restaurant serves a wide selection of various meals.

That’s it. Guests can swim the pool all day long or read books. The hotel is the destination.

Nothing will bother you. No sounds of barking dogs, chickens, Mr. Tuk Tuk, Sok the Eggman, A Jai bottle collectors, food carts. Just the sound of rain and silence.

PassApp and Grab taxis are afraid to enter because the military patrols might decide to detain them.

The blind man’s working girl wife won’t make it past the military guards, much less get refused a night’s lodging at the counter. The begpackers haven’t got a chance, either. No fake monks or other scammers allowed.

As the eternal traveler to Cambodia, I’m conflicted.
As the place for a grizzled expat to get away from everything Phnom Penh, this is probably as close to heaven as one can get. As someone who likes the noise, the smells, the sights, the convenience to city center, Riverside, etc., it might disappoint.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Silent City: iRoHa Garden Hotel & Resort

Post by Mishmash »

Are you there now?

Have you got ladies and beer?

Pics....

I expect that certain Japanese discretion......

My daily edgie is hot BTW. I get up early to trade in my daily cans - just dun tell my missus - she thinks the 500 riels is manna from heaven

Good post bro :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic