Kheng.info

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kheng.info

Post by rubberbaron »

This site is being advertised here. They revamped their site though and does anyone know how this works now? I enter a word and no result shows up.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Kheng.info

Post by Username Taken »

I've sent him a PM. Hopefully he'll answer here later.
kheng.info
Tourist

Post by kheng.info »

Hey! Yeah, I revamped the site really quickly about a month ago, and I know there are a few bugs, but I've been incredibly busy.

What word are you searching? It's possible that there are just no results for that word. I'll add a "no results found" message when I can.

Or are you entering an English word into the larger text box on the home page (and not in the search box in the upper-left corner)? That's meant for Khmer text only, and it's what used to be called the "word segmentation tool".
Mr. Yan
Expatriate

Post by Mr. Yan »

When I use it on my phone, I have to scroll down pretty far to see the search results. It took me a few tries before I figured it out, as I thought it was unresponsive. Could just be my phone though. Not complaining, I use it a lot, and find it real helpful.
kheng.info
Tourist

Post by kheng.info »

What phone are you on Mr. Yan?
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

I've had a few problems too, on both my laptop and phone.
It doesn't work on my laptop (windows 10, Chrome browser) or phone (note 4) for small segments of texts.
For example this article http://hangmeasdaily.com/index.php/2015 ... 0-09-33-52
If I cut and paste the title and click submit it just seemingly refreshes. Same thing happens for title plus first paragraph, and title plus first 2 paragraphs. Only works when it's title plus first 3 paragraphs (or more).

Easy fix is just to cut and paste whole articles, which is fine. But for beginner readers it helps (for scanning and locating) to just be able to read small chunks at a time.

Revolutionary resource none the less. Cheers kheng.info
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

I enter a word in the upper left hand box. No results are shown, no matter how far I scroll down. I tried to look up 'conspicuous'. No response, whatsoever. I tried simple words, like 'eat', just to test, nothing. So what to do?
kheng.info
Tourist

Post by kheng.info »

That's strange. You're using a phone when this happens? I assume the results are actually being returned, but for some reason they're not displayed. Sorry about that!

I'll look into all this soon. For anyone having problems, let me know what device and browser you're on.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

It's on both Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 and Chrome Windows 7.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

I can't paste a screenshot of Firefox here, but there it is totally weird. The size doesn't fit the screen even if I reduce it to 75%.

IE doesn't get me any results either.

Can't you put the old version online until you have worked out the bugs? This is so useful and I really miss it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic