Battanbang.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Battanbang.

Post by Gerard »

Hello and good morning. I have been looking on the internet and you tube about battanbang. To me it looks like a very quiet town with not a lot of bars or restaurant. I was thinking of going they. Because maybe I may of find a job there. But unsure about the place itself. If anyone can help me with any information about the place. Things to do after work any where to go for dinner a few beers. I just get that feeling about this place. Something tells me not to go. But i could be wrong. Any information or advice much much appreciate it thank you.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Battanbang.

Post by Clemen »

ImageWell, what are you looking for? Personally I love Battambang, but I live in shitsville, so I may have a different opinion.
It's quiet, you can walk around without wading through black water, it's clean, the food is great.
up to you...
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Gerard »

Well i want to know anything about battanbang. Before i decide to take the job offer. Me I prefer to go and have a few beers at a bar. Sometimes have a different choice of places to go and eat and drink. Is the nightlife any good. What about renting apartments for long stay.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Gerard wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 am Well i want to know anything about battanbang. Before i decide to take the job offer. Me I prefer to go and have a few beers at a bar. Sometimes have a different choice of places to go and eat and drink. Is the nightlife any good. What about renting apartments for long stay.

Your first post says ,,,

Because maybe I may of find a job there.

Now you already have a job offer ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Gerard »

Yes but first i want to get more information regarding battanbang. As a hole in general what kind of place is it. Is it possible to stay there long time. What as it got to offer.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You might be surprised. Battambang is the second largest city in Cambodia. (still?)
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:27 am You might be surprised. Battambang is the second largest city in Cambodia. (still?)
overtaken by westport I think, Battambang has a population of nearly 200k and westport is now approaching 300,000 (160,000 Chinese).

Battambang is nice if very sleepy, I'd like to imagine retiring there. There are about 8 western bars that people seem to go to, quite a few nice restaurants. It is like a very very quiet Siem Reap, nice river, great countryside and scenery, not much in town but they do now have a Lucky Supermarket, everything shuts around 10:30pm at night so if you crave parties and nightlife it won't be for you. If you want a nice quiet life and love the outdoors then I can recommend.
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Gerard »

Ok then. Thank you for your help it has been very helpful to me.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Gerard wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 am Ok then. Thank you for your help it has been very helpful to me.
Give it a go... Ull never know if u do not try it.

Speaking from personal exp, I'm from NYC and would never have thought staying in sisophone would be something id like... U don't get the bars n stuff but if u think about it, were the bars on Phnom or watever that good??? Siem reap has good bars but it's a transient environment so type of social structure is not for everyone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic