7/11 opens in Cambodia!!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

7/11 opens in Cambodia!!!

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: 7/11 opens in Cambodia!!!

Post by Duncan »

I think that is the 7 / 24 franchise, not 7 / 11.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

The name "7/11" refers to the original hours of operation: 7 am to 11 pm. This was eventually extended to 6 am to midnight, and later the full 24 hours except on Christmas, when they closed at 5 or 6 pm, at least the one in my small hometown.

Anyway, it was quite a novel idea about 45 years ago but hardly noteworthy these days in a city that already has an abundance of convenience stores.

"I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'

Steven Wright
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
CamExpat
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CamExpat »

I used to joke I could live in any country that has a 7-11. glad to see they are expanding here.

What really surpsied me is the number of starbucks all over the place.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

CamExpat wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:02 pm What really surpsied me is the number of starbucks all over the place.

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Its to give employment to the influx of Indian's over here, watch this spaces you won't see a Kumar working in one
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

CamExpat wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:02 pm I used to joke I could live in any country that has a 7-11. glad to see they are expanding here.

What really surpsied me is the number of starbucks all over the place.
I am hoping by the time i move to Kep next year, a 7/11 will be there with its doors open :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

up to you...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Once McDonald's arrives I'm out of here the place has truly turned to shit
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

The 7-Elephants mini-mart will always be better. Classic Cambodia.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic