Social Distancing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Social Distancing

Post by chiltern »

So there I am having lunch with my girlfriend in a Riverside restaurant and we are the only customers, enter a middle aged French guy who sits at the next table. Not just the next table but the chair next to our table, there were ten other tables he could have chosen but no he chooses sit as close to us as possible. He is joined by a lady who also sits as close to us as possible and they discuss the effects of covid19.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Social Distancing

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

If anything positive comes out of C19 it will be the culling of the herd.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

True that. Especially that middle aged French couple.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

chiltern wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:29 pm So there I am having lunch with my girlfriend in a Riverside restaurant and we are the only customers, enter a middle aged French guy who sits at the next table. Not just the next table but the chair next to our table, there were ten other tables he could have chosen but no he chooses sit as close to us as possible. He is joined by a lady who also sits as close to us as possible and they discuss the effects of covid19.

Did you try coughing ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

This is the reason Mrs Cargo and I are now eating out less and I've noticed more people ordering take away. And when we do eat out, we go to those restaurants that have some distancing between the tables...not perfect but put another way, there's a couple that are off our list coz of close tables and/or they have bar table meals.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Stay away from restaurants where the cutlery and plates are laid on the table awaiting a customer. You never know who has been sitting near them earlier coughing over them.

Tables should be prepared once people have taken up position, insist on it.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

chiltern wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:29 pm So there I am having lunch with my girlfriend in a Riverside restaurant and we are the only customers, enter a middle aged French guy who sits at the next table. Not just the next table but the chair next to our table, there were ten other tables he could have chosen but no he chooses sit as close to us as possible. He is joined by a lady who also sits as close to us as possible and they discuss the effects of covid19.

Did you invite them gently to go fuck themselves?
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

Some people are just like that. They have to be in other people's space. Maybe it's a mild form of autism.

Guy at work will stand right next to you at an otherwise empty piss trough. Or nearly sit on your knee in the smoke shelter when all the other benches are empty. He gets fully in your face when talking to you.
When you move or tell him to fuck off he's all offended.

These are the people who will be the super spreaders.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Most people where i am are picking it up really well. Almost automatic now - 1.5metre degrees of separation
Out on the streets it's like a dance, and everybody smiles much more than before at the strangers they are circumnavigating.
Combined with the much lower numbers around - this city is a much nicer place.

(gotta grab whatever silver linings are on offer)
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:21 pm Most people where i am are picking it up really well. Almost automatic now - 1.5metre degrees of separation
Out on the streets it's like a dance, and everybody smiles much more than before at the strangers they are circumnavigating.
Combined with the much lower numbers around - this city is a much nicer place.

(gotta grab whatever silver linings are on offer)
I must say I've noticed on my daily mountain bike outings how much more smiley and likely to say hello people are. Even the sexy milfs who are out for a run give you a nod or a smile now. That never happened often before.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic