M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 26970
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1090
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:08 pm

Despite the increasing social problems created by the recent Chinese development in Sihanoukville, the authorities have been slow to step up and assist the poorest part of the population. As a result,the NGO M'lop Tabang is stretched looking after the social welfare of the locals, the children in particular.
Here's a plug for M'lop Tabang and the good work they are doing on the ground right now.

Happy New Year all.
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 536
Australia

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by explorer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm

In Cambodia it is good to learn about the various NGOs and what they do. If you ever meet children who need help, you know who to refer them to.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 26970
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1090
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:44 pm

explorer wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
In Cambodia it is good to learn about the various NGOs and what they do. If you ever meet children who need help, you know who to refer them to.
M'lop Tabang is a reliable NGO specializing in helping street kids and reintegrating them with family in Sihanoukville province.
Image
Telephone: (855)34 900 108
Website for more information:
http://mloptapang.org/
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11273
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1980
United States of America

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by frank lee bent » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:17 am

Very good organisation. Untouched by any scandal.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am
Reputation: 181
Cambodia

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by PIEMAN » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:17 am

:stir: run by a english lady who is knighted i believe :bow:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Stramash23
Expatriate
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:07 am
Reputation: 54
Location: Twilight Zone

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by Stramash23 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:21 pm

PIEMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:17 am
:stir: run by a english lady who is knighted i believe :bow:
Well an MBE yes. Maggie is wonderful and M'Lop stands out as a transparent and ethical model of how an NGO should be
Too weird to live, too rare to die
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 370
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by pczz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 am

Stramash23 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:21 pm
PIEMAN wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:17 am
:stir: run by a english lady who is knighted i believe :bow:
Well an MBE yes. Maggie is wonderful and M'Lop stands out as a transparent and ethical model of how an NGO should be
Channel news Asia did a whole program on this NGO and they are doing fantastic work. Cannot find the link on their website but it was aired again recently. Its time that the government started making the chinese contribute. if you build a condo, you have to buid a school, a clinic and a percentage of the land or equivalent elsewhere for affordable housing, like is done in many western countries. the chinese must put something back into the community, not just take all the profit. Look at the good work the jpanaes and Koreans dowith hospitlas, sewers and so on, and snooky runds its shit into the bay untreated. China should be ashamed
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 26970
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1090
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:57 am

The organization is looking for Chinese-speaking staff right now.
post312459.html#p312418
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 347

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by newkidontheblock » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:18 am

pczz wrote:Its time that the government started making the chinese contribute. if you build a condo, you have to buid a school, a clinic and a percentage of the land or equivalent elsewhere for affordable housing, like is done in many western countries. the chinese must put something back into the community, not just take all the profit. .... China should be ashamed
What dream are you living? Chinese history hasn’t been about going to foreign lands and giving back to the natives.

It’s been about going to foreign lands and showing them the superiority of Chinese culture.

Also know as turning them Chinese.

Kudos to the wonderful work that the NGO is doing.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 2101
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 370
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: M'lop Tabang, NGO on the Frontline in Sihanoukville

Post by pczz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am

newkidontheblock wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:18 am
pczz wrote:Its time that the government started making the chinese contribute. if you build a condo, you have to buid a school, a clinic and a percentage of the land or equivalent elsewhere for affordable housing, like is done in many western countries. the chinese must put something back into the community, not just take all the profit. .... China should be ashamed
What dream are you living? Chinese history hasn’t been about going to foreign lands and giving back to the natives.

It’s been about going to foreign lands and showing them the superiority of Chinese culture.

Also know as turning them Chinese.

Kudos to the wonderful work that the NGO is doing.
You never know. I dont think the chinese behave now much more than the brits used to when we had empire. thye can change if pressure is out on the chinese, not the cambodians, by foreign governments. Dont forget Cambodia is no the only place china invests. maybe donald dtrump could add it into his trade talks and do something useful for a change.
Aside from dreaming there was another good programme on 1 channel about change in china. thye are buildign massive soccer schools funded mainly by the government and one stated objective was to teach the chinese that teamwork is a good thing, which is also something Cambodians could do with learning!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arget, beaker, Bedazzler!, dirtymacca, Fourkinnel, General Mackevili, Kammekor and 373 guests