How did you celebrate May the 4th or Cinco de Mayo?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

I always love this time of year, because it gives me an excuse to watch Star Wars while eating Mexican food...and drink some tequila infused beverages. I finished up Bad Batch on Disney+ and made some haystacks...kind of like nachos, but you focus on the other ingredients and not so much cheese. Do you have any fun things you do or interesting ways you have celebrated these holidays in the past?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: How did you celebrate May the 4th or Cinco de Mayo?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

techietraveller84 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:17 am I always love this time of year, because it gives me an excuse to watch Star Wars while eating Mexican food...and drink some tequila infused beverages. I finished up Bad Batch on Disney+ and made some haystacks...kind of like nachos, but you focus on the other ingredients and not so much cheese. Do you have any fun things you do or interesting ways you have celebrated these holidays in the past?
Not being Mexican nor a fan of fucking "Star Wars" I don't celebrate either.

Although I may have taken advantage of Mexican food on discount on the 5th a few times because Mexican food is the best in all of the Americas and its not even close
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Lucky me I guess , my favorite cambrodian son was born on the 5th of may , so today he turns 6 years of age .
I just checked birthdays for the 5th of may and looks like randy travis missed the boat

Maybe I can 🍻 cheese the little guy and get him to take a taste of beer on his 6 th HBD
If not today , then next or a following year ..Image
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cheese the Cambrodian. :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
anka
BANNED

Post by anka »

techietraveller84 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:17 am I always love this time of year, because it gives me an excuse to watch Star Wars while eating Mexican food...and drink some tequila infused beverages. I finished up Bad Batch on Disney+ and made some haystacks...kind of like nachos, but you focus on the other ingredients and not so much cheese. Do you have any fun things you do or interesting ways you have celebrated these holidays in the past?
I thought you were talking about this at first: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Fourth_Movement

Just discovered it tbh

Fell asleep in the theater watching the original Star Wars, but I get the appeal
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

celebrate the what? no fecking idea star wars was ok but it aint no Nobody or Zulu or Italian job or Whiskey Galore
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

My wife got up early to go to the temple since the 5th was a major religious holiday. My daughter got 5 days off school since it's the royal plowing ceremony on monday as well. This left me free to think about how little I care about Star Wars or Mexico.
Scarier than malaria.
anka
BANNED

Post by anka »

ali baba wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:18 am My wife got up early to go to the temple since the 5th was a major religious holiday. My daughter got 5 days off school since it's the royal plowing ceremony on monday as well. This left me free to think about how little I care about Star Wars or Mexico.
weird flex but OK
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re:

Post by John Bingham »

Cinco de Mayo is the 5th of May.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
anka
BANNED

Re: Re:

Post by anka »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:47 am
Cinco de Mayo is the 5th of May.
he's talking about the Star Wars fan holiday May 4th as in "May the 4th be with you"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic