Devils Breath - Rapedrug

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Devils Breath - Rapedrug

Post by kaputt »

"Devil's Breath".

Imagine someone walks up to you and sprays some liquid in your face. After that you hardly remember anything at all.

I understand that Thailand had some cases of this Rape Drug, both in broad daylight at Kao San Road, Bangkok and Pattaya.

I have not heard of any such cases in Cambodia so far. Anyone knows ?

https://www.independent.ie/breaking-new ... 20761.html
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Devils Breath - Rapedrug

Post by Username Taken »

Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

What a hideous and cowardly way to take advantage of someone. Asshats, should have their tackle removed without an anaesthetic. Grrrr!!!

On a side note, but mildly linked. Anyone been roofied in PP? There was a spate of them in the bars on 136, 130, 118 over a couple of months in late 2017 I vaguely remember hearing about.
Last edited by Yerg on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

pebbles&nightsky
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This story has been doing the rounds for many years. There might be some truth in it but then most people who complain about being "drugged" were absolutely wankered themselves at the time.
Somehow in all my time here nobody has drugged me to the best of my knowledge.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
KOW happiness
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by KOW happiness »

It's easy to buy all kinds of drugs over the counter in Cambodia. So no need really to source that special drug from Colombia which hypnotises people and can therefore easily be used to subvert people and heavily rob them (e.g. Bank accounts emptied). Apparently it's extremely dangerous, OD is easy and can cause fatalities. Am sure it could be found on the dark web. I was drugged in SHV recently and then I ended up in hospital and have no memory what happened after I left the bar we were in. I've heard enough stories from other people too, you need to take some extra caution now in SHV and PP etc. Keep drinks with you all the time and oversee them being poured/served if the establishment could potentially be risky at all.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

KOW happiness wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 pm
So no need really to source that special drug from Colombia which hypnotises people
No need to do that because Scopolamine can be found worldwide in over-the-counter medication for motion-sickness. i tend not to believe most of these stories,
it's just idiots getting wasted out of their minds and then blaming it on locals "drugging" them. Sure, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you skulled
half a liter of spirits in 20 minutes and then wandered off down a dark alley?
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I asked my question for a reason. I like a drink as much as the next man (or woman). But over the years learned my own limits. It has been a very long time since I drank myself into a state of stupor or oblivion. However I did have one event in 2017 where I woke in my apartment with no recollection of anything from about 8pm the previous evening. With a stomping headache which I rarely suffer from. I can’t say for sure that I had been fed something. I’m always able to recall the evening’s events (good or bad) with little effort. That night remains a mystery to me.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Did you feel like you had been raped? Something about this isn't adding up for me. I feel the issue is more about drunken drama-queens than inadvertently drugged tourists.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Where would one buy this spray?
Asking for a friend.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic