Best Urban Traffic in the World

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Best Urban Traffic in the World

Post by dagenham »

Whinging about PP's traffic are we? Complaining about congestion, rude drivers, thieving Freshy Boyz and pesty Coppers...

Move to here:
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best Urban Traffic in the World

Post by Joon »

Before watching the video, I'm foreseeing Jakarta.

EDIT: Snap! Wrong call.
And Pyongyang, wow.

The other city that was somewhat of a breezer is Yangon, Myanmar in my view. Though traffic can get congested, at least there is little to NO motorbikes and the people are easy-going.
It's still a little worrying when all the cars have steering wheels on the right... and ride on the right lane.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Joon wrote:Before watching the video, I'm foreseeing Jakarta.

And Pyongyang, wow.

The other city that was somewhat of a breezer is Yangon, Myanmar in my view. Though traffic can get congested, at least there is little to NO motorbikes and the people are easy-going.
It's still a little worrying when all the cars have steering wheels on the right... and ride on the right lane.
Hmmm....I've been to Jakarta and Yangon several times and find the traffic in both of those cites horrific. Motos or not the congestion is much much worse than PP - 10 times worse. Especially Jakarta as it is a huge city. Yangon has terrible infrastructure - including the road system.
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The congestion elsewhere may be worse, but the danger factor here must be one of the worst in the world.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

They missed the most important bit - The traffic girls!

dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

vladimir wrote:The congestion elsewhere may be worse, but the danger factor here must be one of the worst in the world.
I beg to differ...aint never had no problems here - been coming for nearly 20 years and now living here full-time for many years...no accidents, no near misses, no worries...

Drive slow, real slow, real real slow...stay out of the passing lane...don't accelerate into opportunity "gaps" in traffic...no "adventure driving"...drive when sober...stay alert - very alert and let it all unfold in front of you...

I actually like the traffic flow here because it's so slow moving. Much better than VN where they tend to drive faster and the kids at night drive in huge racing packs (especially in Hanoi)...and Thailand? Very dangerous on a moto as they drive extremely fast...

Frankly, I'm much more concerned for my safety in the West driving a car...
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

dagenham wrote:
Joon wrote:Before watching the video, I'm foreseeing Jakarta.

And Pyongyang, wow.

Hmmm....I've been to Jakarta and Yangon several times and find the traffic in both of those cites horrific. Motos or not the congestion is much much worse than PP - 10 times worse. Especially Jakarta as it is a huge city. Yangon has terrible infrastructure - including the road system.
I though the thread title was sarcastic and that your post was aiming to mean that there are worse traffic situations than PP, hence mentioning Jakarta.

I've been to Yangon only for a few days for an event, so I don't know how it is on a daily routine, but the little I've seen was a breezer in comparison to PP.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic