New vaca home...

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Jcml19
Expatriate
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Reputation: 45
United States of America

New vaca home...

Post by Jcml19 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Image

Pulled the trigger... New home eta one year... Tad far 45 minutes but i guess ill live... Traffic will suck!!!
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 363
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: New vaca home...

Post by pczz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Jcml19 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:32 pm
Image

Pulled the trigger... New home eta one year... Tad far 45 minutes but i guess ill live... Traffic will suck!!!
Road in 2 years, electric in 4 years, water in 10 years :-)
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6409
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1368
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: New vaca home...

Post by Duncan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 pm

pczz wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 pm
Jcml19 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:32 pm
Image

Pulled the trigger... New home eta one year... Tad far 45 minutes but i guess ill live... Traffic will suck!!!
Road in 2 years, electric in 4 years, water in 10 years :-)
Someone will be pulling their hair out and in a mental institution before the one year is up .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 2403
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 973
Cambodia

Re: New vaca home...

Post by clutchcargo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Duncan wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 pm
pczz wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 pm
Jcml19 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:32 pm
Image

Pulled the trigger... New home eta one year... Tad far 45 minutes but i guess ill live... Traffic will suck!!!
Road in 2 years, electric in 4 years, water in 10 years :-)
Someone will be pulling their hair out and in a mental institution before the one year is up .
As long as you don't cause a public disturbance, the police will not think you have mental problem. :hattip:
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 9232
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1697
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: New vaca home...

Post by phuketrichard » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 pm

1 year for construction??

When built my house here in phuket back in 2000, i got electric for 18 months by running an extension cord 600 meters from my closest neighbors house :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jcml19
Expatriate
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Reputation: 45
United States of America

Re: New vaca home...

Post by Jcml19 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:16 pm

I hope the electric and water will not be a problem... I can only hope and pray.... Alot of uncertainity but i knew that going in hahaha.... Thanks for the insight regarding the west facing window, would have never thought of that (whomever posted that)
Element6
Expatriate
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:33 pm
Reputation: 30
Cambodia

Re: New vaca home...

Post by Element6 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:16 pm

What are you planning to build and have you got an architect and builder already?

Will be interested to follow your progress. I have some land to the south of pp bit so far have shied away from a build
Ravensnest
Expatriate
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm
Reputation: 89
United States of America

Re: New vaca home...

Post by Ravensnest » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Jcml19 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:16 pm
... Thanks for the insight regarding the west facing window, would have never thought of that (whomever posted that)
I guess that was edited out? Im interested in the knowledge but don't see it.
The KOW, where the wonder never ends. "I wonder why..?"
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 6127
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 2024
Yemen

Re: New vaca home...

Post by John Bingham » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Where is Vaca, and what exactly is the problem with west facing windows?
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 2326
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 1383
Cambodia

Re: New vaca home...

Post by Brody » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:08 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm
Where is Vaca, and what exactly is the problem with west facing windows?
vacation?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brisie, bucknaked, CommandoRed, Deefer, dirtymacca, Duncan, frank lee bent, General Mackevili, Google [Bot], IraHayes, LIVIDZX, Majestic-12 [Bot], phuketrichard, Rox Beartel, YeP and 282 guests