She took my photo too [STRANGE WOMAN'S PICTURE ADDED]

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

She took my photo too [STRANGE WOMAN'S PICTURE ADDED]

Post by Joker Poker »

Bit of discussion on the other site about the woman taking pics of guys.

The same woman took mine a couple of days ago along the river, it was easy to recognise her from the now deleted photos. Pretty obvious, as the long lens was aimed right at me when I was sitting about 20 meters away. She kept it on me for a while so I lifted my elbow to cover my face. Not that I was doing anything wrong, far from it, but I hate having my photo taken by people that I know, let alone total strangers.

It struck me as odd at the time, as I've no recollection of this happening before here. People (locals) often take pics of my son when he is with me, but nobody has ever wanted to take mine.

Sure, it annoyed me, but compared to having some freshy dick narrowly miss me on his moto while I'm attempting to cross a road, it seemed a bit minor.

[Pictures of said woman added below by Mod Team to help solve this worrisome mystery. Thx, Mackevili.]

Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: She took my photo too

Post by Soi Dog »

It's a bit bizarre. I can see people taking umbrage with someone taking such pictures of them without asking. Any idea what she's up to, if anything?
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Perhaps it's time to show her photo around a bit. See if anybody knows her and what's up.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I'd confront her if you see her again JP - especially if she's taking photos of you with your kid. APLE stooge or similar, maybe...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

APLE is subtler and more sophisticated than that. If that's her game, (with the emphasis on 'if') she's likely a Kristof-addled amateur vigilante or part of some clueless new group of NGO saviors.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

LTO wrote:Perhaps it's time to show her photo around a bit. See if anybody knows her and what's up.
Agreed.

Anyone know why the photos were deleted?

If anyone has them, feel free to post them here on CEO.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

a misguided person on a mission that misidentifies fathers as possible pedos.

disgusting.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

General Mackevili wrote:
LTO wrote:Perhaps it's time to show her photo around a bit. See if anybody knows her and what's up.
Agreed.

Anyone know why the photos were deleted?

If anyone has them, feel free to post them here on CEO.
Admin explained why here: [k440 link removed]
Up until now, nobody has given any reliable information or knowledge about her intentions, but it didn't stop people calling her names and attribute to her the most nefarious motivation.
If she seeks to set people up and misrepresent the subjects in her photos, by all means, denounce her motivations.
If she's just a very clumsy, clueless amateur photographer, it is very unfair to blame her and presume her intentions.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

because of voluminous precedent.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

What is Khmer440. :lol:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic