Moo Moo milk has a bad habit of going off before the use by date

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Moo Moo milk has a bad habit of going off before the use by date

Post by xandreu »

Just so you know.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Moo Moo milk has a bad habit of going off before the use by date

Post by frank lee bent »

i would report it to the owners
they are pretty genuine
sounds like a cold chain failure

it is the only real fresh milk in KOW
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: how much is moo moo milk was going to buy some today if lucky has it. :bow:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

It is the most expensive milk in Cambodia.
You can find them on FB.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Local Cambodian produced milk costs more than imported milk and the milk isn't pasteurized and goes wrong before the best by date.

It doesn't make me want to buy their products.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is pasteurized now. they started it out as raw only. I actually prefer it raw as i kept jerseys and guernseys several times in my life= but of course it is a huge barrier to sales. Their cattle are tested for brucellosis and tb regularly and the milk itself is tested weekly at Institute Pasteur.

i met them several times due to my interest in small ag for poverty alleviation.
they grow forage and vacuum pack silage to store in cool rooms to address the hungry gap in the dry season.
dairy, honey and eggs are 3 very high yield areas for small farms- all are in demand and amenable to import replacement.
before Angkar Cambodia exported milk to TH and VN. The elderly farm manager of Nestle' from that time collaborated with MMM on their venture.

if it is going off now it is probably a failure in cold chain.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

It can be anything. Supermarket turns off the fridge to save power. Ice melts on the long journey from Kampongistan to Lucky Marketville.

I remember when they launched their only product, the raw milk, and on their website they said you had to sign a waiver to drink it. I'm sure the professional Mormon cow expert did everything right but Cambodia will be Cambodia.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: SURELY THE 300 more cattle they have brought in the price should go down :assasin:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I remember when they launched their only product, the raw milk, and on their website they said you had to sign a waiver to drink it. I'm sure the professional Mormon cow expert did everything right but Cambodia will be Cambodia.
it was ill advised to sell raw milk from a marketing standpoint which they quickly realised.
actually 2 Mormon guys.
highly professional operation.
wish i owned a piece of it!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the price should go down
perhaps the same argument could be made for your pies.
artisanal foods are quite expensive to produce.
again i would encourage you to report your disappointment to the producer and let us know the result.
i am highly impressed with their operation.

i am not a mormon but like to give the elders beer and weed which they often accept if no chance of getting caught, though not MMM staff.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic