How's your weight?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

How's your weight?

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

My BMI was dead sexy a few weeks ago.

Three weeks back in the west, and BOOM, 5 kilo stacked on without trying. Eating a predominantly plant based diet coupled with the exercise I got on a daily basis found me fit. My diet has been replaced with breads, pastas, sauces, sweets, pies.... and I haven't walked further than 100metres.

Have you kept your weight in check since you arrived in the region? Or perhaps you've gained or lost weight?
Roadie
Expatriate
Australia

Re: How's your weight?

Post by Roadie »

I had 6 weeks back in Oz about 6 weeks ago and it has taken me that 6 weeks to lose the weight I put on over there. For me there are less of the familiar treats available here, plus not having a fridge here means I keep less temptations on hand.
Mata Hari
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Mata Hari »

Beeing in SEA has been always a good diet for me, even without diarrhea I always loose some kilos. Once I‘m back home, the kilos follow me 😐
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Fat as a pig from quitting smoking

Knee has blown out from being a lardass

Will be on diet and walking with crutches from december 27
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

That local food in KoW is crap, of course your gonna lose weight living off bor bor.......

That street food is shit too, most of the meat is klang and needs to be chewed and spat out.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 pm .
My BMI was dead sexy a few weeks ago.

Three weeks back in the west, and BOOM, 5 kilo stacked on without trying. Eating a predominantly plant based diet coupled with the exercise I got on a daily basis found me fit. My diet has been replaced with breads, pastas, sauces, sweets, pies.... and I haven't walked further than 100metres.

Have you kept your weight in check since you arrived in the region? Or perhaps you've gained or lost weight?
im the complete opposite, i lose about 10kgs when i go back to England in the first month or so, lost 16kgs this year for my retirement fight, not doing too bad atm, just bloated water weight, hate it
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:33 pm im the complete opposite, i lose about 10kgs when i go back to England in the first month or so, lost 16kgs this year for my retirement fight, not doing too bad atm, just bloated water weight, hate it
Do you know you can get rid of the water by avoiding sodium and consuming potassium? A good source of potassium is the herb Dandelion.

When you are very fit, and you slow down, the weight will go on.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

explorer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:26 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:33 pm im the complete opposite, i lose about 10kgs when i go back to England in the first month or so, lost 16kgs this year for my retirement fight, not doing too bad atm, just bloated water weight, hate it
Do you know you can get rid of the water by avoiding sodium and consuming potassium? A good source of potassium is the herb Dandelion.

When you are very fit, and you slow down, the weight will go on.
yeah im an active guy when im in the UK, working on building sites and going boxing a lot, then i come here and do nothing but eat and drink and the odd time in the boxing gym

the main reason for the bloating is Dehydration, causes the body to retain water, dont drink enough water out here and often get dehydrated, especially if i been going out a lot
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I am large (tall) and fat challenged.

I have been doing a lot of cycling. This year, I gained muscle, lost fat, and then gained the fat back.

My weight is now over 120 kg, or 265 pounds.

I dont have joint problems, high blood pressure, or diabetes. I can still put my shoes and socks on and off, but I cant breathe properly while I am doing it. If I dont lose weight, a heart attack is probably less than 20 years away, if something else does not go wrong first.

I believe I would be worse off if I had not been exercising.

I am putting serious effort into losing weight, but it is difficult, as some of you know.

With all of the other fat challenged people out there, lets do what we can to keep fit and keep our weight down.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

It's not the weight or mass that matters, it's the VOLUME.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic