oil change cost (for car)?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

oil change cost (for car)?

Post by wolfcreek »

What is the going rate for an oil change? (includes 4 litres of Meguin oil, oil filter, air filter, labor)
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: oil change cost (for car)?

Post by Spigzy »

Usually about $100 for mine at PPP Auto - just checked, it also takes 4 litres, so should be around about the right price. I had other work done each time, so the labour cost not 100%, but mine tended to be about $10 if I take off some of the other work with my best estimate on how long those took.

Probably can be cheaper, I never tried the Total garages which also do oil changes, etc. I usually keep mine at PPP as they know the car & tend to work on Range Rovers & the ilk so spares aren't hard to source either.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: oil change cost (for car)?

Post by wolfcreek »

I was quoted $72 total (synthetic oil, oil filter, air filter, labor). Seemed a bit steep, especially the labor part of it. But then again, it has been many years since I actually paid for an oil change.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic