Olympic swimmingpool gets destroyed

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Olympic swimmingpool gets destroyed

Post by King Keil »

It was in a state of decay but nonetheless an iconic landmark so when I woke up today to see this I was quite shocked.
This city is changing fast.
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Olympic swimmingpool gets destroyed

Post by Equinix »

HS rly lost the plot.

Fcking idiots running this city.

Don't feel like writing a rant right now.

Sent from my HUAWEI P9 lite using Tapatalk

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Now we wait to see who builds what on the site. Any guesses?
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Arget wrote:Now we wait to see who builds what on the site. Any guesses?
A public park with trees, grass and water Image
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

That would be nice and your guess has been noted. Will there also be areas to unsaddle your unicorns and tether your flying pigs? =@
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Arget wrote:That would be nice and your guess has been noted. Will there also be areas to unsaddle your unicorns and tether your flying pigs? =@
Most definitely. Plus an underground parking with a connection to the pp underground and monorail. Due date, 2065 Image
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I was very disappointed reading this earlier on. So I went by there this evening. It's difficult to get a decent look at so I had to take these pictures through a gate lock hole.

Considering how the surrounding buildings have all been fixed up recently ( They used to all have broken windows and look like they were just storerooms for old furniture and trash), I was surprised to hear it was being demolished. Looking at these photos I'm not at all sure it is actually being demolished. It's far too neat, it looks more like the eastern part is being rebuilt, possibly because of major leaks? I hope I'm right.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Thanks for those pics JB.

Christ, I remember being able to stand on that highest dive platform and being able to do a 360 and not see much peaking up, building wise.

The whole area is enveloped now by high-rise buildings.
boom
Tourist

Post by boom »

Olympic pool gets renovation
Ismail Vorajee / Khmer Times
Share:

Sun Chanthol, Minister for Public Works and Transport surveys plans for the Olympic Stadium swimming pool. Courtesy Ministry of Public Works and Transport – MPWT
The swimming pool at the National Olympic Stadium in Phnom Penh is set to undergo a $2 million renovation in a bid to meet international standards ahead of the 2023 SEA Games.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50544685/o ... enovation/
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

went running around the Olympic stadium today, it looks like its just being rebuilt, they had pictures on the boards outside of what the new pools will look like
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic