Nasty Shock Awaiting ABA Bank customers

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Nasty Shock Awaiting ABA Bank customers

Post by takeoman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:23 pm

ABA announced that they would be upgrading their system over the holiday, this was supposed to be completed by 8am today. I logged in to their Internet banking system around 2pm and was informed that "you have no accounts". They are now saying that things will be back to normal by the 11th. But I seem to remember a recent case in the UK when such an update resulted in weeks of problems for the customers. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Nasty Shock Awaiting ABA Bank customers

Post by LaudJohn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Yes. I tried to do a transfer today. Still out. I did not know it was coming.

This is a shock as it has been so reliable and excellent.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Both the missus and I received the following message from ABA via email and SMS last week...

Dear​ valued​ customers,

Please​ be​ informed​ that​ we​ scheduled​ a​ significant​ upgrade​ of​ our​ banking​ system​ from​ 6​ to​ 10​ October​ 2018.​ This​ is​ the​ part​ of​ our​ continuous​ plan​ to​ accommodate​ the​ increasing​ number​ of​ customers​ and​ to​ provide​ them​ with​ the​ best​ banking​ experience.​

The​ upgrade​ will​ impact​ some​ of​ our​ products​ and​ services​ as​ follows:
6​ October,​ 10:00​ pm​ –​ 9​ October,​ 11:00​ pm:​ some​ features​ of​ ABA​ Mobile​ app​ and​ iBanking​ service​ may​ not​ work​ stable​ or​ be​ unavailable.​
9​ October,​ 11:00​ pm​ –​ 10​ October,​ 08:00​ am:​ all​ ABA​ cards,​ ATMs,​ POS​ terminals,​ cash-in​ kiosks,​ ABA​ Mobile​ app​ and​ PayWay​ online​ payment​ gateway​ will​ be​ completely​ unavailable.​

We​ apologize​ for​ any​ inconvenience​ caused​ by​ this​ upgrade​ and​ express​ our​ sincere​ gratitude​ for​ your​ kind​ understanding!
Unfortunately it appears their upgrades are taking longer than expected. I have complete faith that our funds are secure and am not expecting a nasty shock, just as they were when they conducted upgrades a couple years ago.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 pm

...internet banking and mobile app are both up and running, all of our accounts are showing the correct amounts, transfers are working, no problems.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 pm
...internet banking and mobile app are both up and running, all of our accounts are showing the correct amounts, transfers are working, no problems.
The App is still under maintenance for me.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Its working again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic