Initial impressions of Cambodia after a couple weeks.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Initial impressions of Cambodia after a couple weeks.

Post by Ricky Dunn »

Wow, insane traffic that has me concerned about walking or crossing streets. PassApp is fantastic. ABA Bank across from Aeon Mall 1 opened an account for me without me having a visa extension, nice peeps. Made the tourist visa mistake and had to spend $200 back to Bangkok round-trip – but my fault I should have read more here before coming. Good $9.60 wine from Italy at Aeon. Nice one bedroom for $750. People seem a little nicer than Thais – I had one dude at a street food place offer me a Vietnamese farm girl to buy or rent, I’m not sure which, this morning. I passed. LOL. Me likes a lot so far.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Initial impressions of Cambodia after a couple weeks.

Post by Duncan »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am Wow, insane traffic that has me concerned about walking or crossing streets. PassApp is fantastic. ABA Bank across from Aeon Mall 1 opened an account for me without me having a visa extension, nice peeps. Made the tourist visa mistake and had to spend $200 back to Bangkok round-trip – but my fault I should have read more here before coming. Good $9.60 wine from Italy at Aeon. Nice one bedroom for $750. People seem a little nicer than Thais – I had one dude at a street food place offer me a Vietnamese farm girl to buy or rent, I’m not sure which, this morning. I passed. LOL. Me likes a lot so far.

Actually you should have waited a month or year before you posted your first impression of Cambodia and at least met a few expats and then taken of the rose colored glasses. :stir:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am Wow, insane traffic that has me concerned about walking or crossing streets.
Correct impression.
PassApp is fantastic.
Yes.
ABA Bank across from Aeon Mall 1 opened an account for me without me having a visa extension, nice peeps.
Yes, good bank.
Good $9.60 wine from Italy at Aeon.
Wine is very cheap here compared to Thailand, for example.
Nice one bedroom for $750.
Damn...not sure what you need or are used to, but I rent a 4 bed-apartment on 160m 2 for around $250
People seem a little nicer than Thais
Yes, very friendly, great people
Me likes a lot so far.
Good to see such positivity, and welcome!
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

opening bank acct, 200$ visa run, one bedder for 750$, wine fm aeon mall :thumb: nice mate, we need more expats like u, only then we will see the resurgence of the white expat empire
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

that genius wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:49 am
Ricky Dunn wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am Wow, insane traffic that has me concerned about walking or crossing streets.
Correct impression.
PassApp is fantastic.
Yes.
ABA Bank across from Aeon Mall 1 opened an account for me without me having a visa extension, nice peeps.
Yes, good bank.
Damn...not sure what you need or are used to, but I rent a 4 bed-apartment on 160m 2 for around $250
Me likes a lot so far.
Yes, but when you first arrive at a hotel and must vacate in a week you get rushed making a decision, I'll do better next time.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

that genius wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:49 am
Correct impression.
PassApp is fantastic.
Yes.
Yes, good bank.
Me likes a lot so far.
Vlad, the young man was not submitting an assignment for you to mark. Where exactly is 160m 2, or should we take it that you reside on a long range Russian bomber? :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Bob tailcat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Bob tailcat »

How long are you planning on sticking it out mate? A year or 2, or in it for the long haul?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

takeoman wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:29 pmthe young man was not submitting an assignment for you to mark. Where exactly is 160m 2, or should we take it that you reside on a long range Russian bomber? :hattip:
1. He may not be young

2. Not sure whence you inferred the ASSignment idea from

3. I don't post exact locations, too many gay bogan trashbags

4. I do reside on a long-range Russian bomber, 'The Kodiak Bear'. It costs less than 1% of what the F35 does.
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

Bob tailcat wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:30 pm How long are you planning on sticking it out mate? A year or 2, or in it for the long haul?
Long haul, I'm almost 70, I can't afford America and hate it's politics and changing culture. Correction on the wine, I'm drinking it now and it's all in Italian, " Del Bortoli " but the fine print says Australia, LOLOL
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

that genius wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:37 pm
takeoman wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:29 pmthe young man was not submitting an assignment for you to mark. Where exactly is 160m 2, or should we take it that you reside on a long range Russian bomber? :hattip:
1. He may not be young

2. Not sure whence you inferred the ASSignment idea from

3. I don't post exact locations, too many gay bogan trashbags

4. I do reside on a long-range Russian bomber, 'The Kodiak Bear'. It costs less than 1% of what the F35 does.
It is normal for old men, such as my self, to refer to others as ''young". Indeed young Vlad that even applies to you. You seem even tetchier than usual this morning, hard night on the red? :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic