Expats’ children ‘enjoy enhanced career prospects’

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Expats’ children ‘enjoy enhanced career prospects’

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

By David Sapsted
13 June 2018

The late Dr Ruth Hill Useem, an American sociologist and anthropologist who coined the term ‘third culture kids’ (TCKs) more than a half-century ago, found that children of expatriates were four times more likely to get a university degree compared to others and that 40 per cent of them went on to earn advanced degrees, compared to the average of five per cent.

UAE-based anthropologist Dr Joanna Seraphim added, “They (TCKs) are clearly more open-minded and tolerant because they have seen and experienced things that are different from the people in their own country.

But she found a downside, too, with life as a TCK liable to create a sense of rootlessness and restlessness, where home is “everywhere and nowhere.”

Full article https://www.relocatemagazine.com/news/e ... s-dsapsted
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Expats’ children ‘enjoy enhanced career prospects’

Post by dron »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL definitely doesn't apply to expat's children in Cambodia!!!!!
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

when my daughter went off to uni in ca she told me she was amazed at how immature all her classmates were.
She got her vet tech degree, has been working for over 3 years and is now working on getting her Rn and she just turned 24

dron ur an ass, give me negative karma for this post>>
pray tell why
wtf is ur problem??
Last edited by phuketrichard on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

When my highly educated Thai girlfriend from a rich family and the top university in Thailand went to America she told me she was surprised that highschool drop outs who make coffee at Starbucks earned twice as much as her professors back home.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

dron wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 pm When my highly educated Thai girlfriend from a rich family and the top university in Thailand went to America she told me she was surprised that highschool drop outs who make coffee at Starbucks earned twice as much as her professors back home.
yet u take home Khmer BG? :stir:
Post by dron » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:48 pm
When they tell me "ort mean loy" I tell them "tov tver ka, joy knear pro muy" or "go to work and fuck a guy babe". Sometimes I tell them to sext me some pics of them riding big dongs for my personal entertainment and in exchange I take them out to eat at Suki Soup after work.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

neg rep last refuge of the butt hurt.

you'll notice none of the many facts i have posted on this website have ever been refuted by anyone. they just neg rep me, ban me, or say something about america instead. LOL
yet u take home Khmer BG?
All the time. Thai girls are ugly. Khmer girls are hot with great bods. A few times the Thai chick even did threesomes with me and Khmer bar girls from Buriram or here in PP. You jealous?

Broke up now though. Got bored of her as I do with any chick after a while. Plus she wanted to get married, and marriage is for suckers or guys who can't get more than one piece of ass. I'm neither. :evil:
Last edited by dron on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Trolling hard, pretty much all of his posts are just trying to put other people down or get a reaction.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

They're all full of facts.

High school drop out Starbucks coffee sellers where I'm from in America earn more monthly than professors at the top university in Thailand: FACT.

My GF went to the best university in Thailand, came from a very rich family, went to work for a huge international corporation in Bangkok, and earned exactly $700 a month, ie. poverty slum dweller wages. Less than what the average welfare bum gets handed to them for free in America. FACT.

The truth hurts. You can call it trolling instead of trying to concoct an actual response though. I don't expect anything more from you or your ilk.
Last edited by dron on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm Trolling hard, pretty much all of his posts are just trying to put other people down or get a reaction.
Absolutely. poisoning every thread. Not much point in creating threads if he's just going to bulldoze his arrogant ass all over the place.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:22 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm Trolling hard, pretty much all of his posts are just trying to put other people down or get a reaction.
Absolutely. poisoning every thread. Not much point in creating threads if he's just going to bulldoze his arrogant ass all over the place.
Maybe I should cut and past links to thousands of articles from around the internet like you instead.

You know when the values of the enlightenment were widespread and popular in the west it used to be that people would debate and try to prove people they disagree with using facts and figures.

Now they call you a troll and eliminate your speech all together. See a lot of this from Europeans. That's why there's no freedom of speech over there anymore, or any other elementary democratic right like security in the person or the right to bear arms for self-defense.
Last edited by dron on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic