Chinese Man Wins $20,000 with Phone Company "Game"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Man Wins $20,000 with Phone Company "Game"

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Not sure exactly how this works, but it sounds suspiciously like gambling (some sort of lotto) from what they say here.

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): Recently, the winner of a Cellcard company was a Chinese businessman who won the prize of 20,000 USD. He was the first foreigner to win the prize in Win 10,000 daily Program.

The prize was awarded to the winner named Ming Yinghouy, who is living in Sangkat Chom Chao, Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh, on July 07, 2020, at Cellcard center.

Mr. Ming Yinghouy said that after he received an advertising message on his phone, he started to play on the 10,000 USD Daily Win program. He didn't spend that much money and didn't expect to win so quickly.
Cellcard representative said the reward to the customer who was a winner on Win 10,000 case Daily program is real, not fake. The company spinned 6 lucky digits to search for the winner who could win 10,000 USD every day. It will be shown on the CTN tv channel every day at 7 pm or on the Cellcard Youtube channel.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Chinese Man Wins $20,000 with Phone Company "Game"

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:17 pm Not sure exactly how this works, but it sounds suspiciously like gambling (some sort of lotto) from what they say here.
I've been on that network since forever and they have always sent out promotions like "Win a Scoopy 2008 - just pay 45 cents per entry"
or whatever. Annoying garbage, I'd like to block them but then they are the service provider. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I'm not calling it a win, It's more likely a form of gambling, fake news or very good advertising . Give me $100 to stand there with a placard saying I won that money and I would do it . Every gambling Cambodian will be changing to Cellcard now and it will be the hot topic amongst those old grannies playing illegal card games.
Spoiler:
Show me the money
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:45 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:17 pm Not sure exactly how this works, but it sounds suspiciously like gambling (some sort of lotto) from what they say here.
I've been on that network since forever and they have always sent out promotions like "Win a Scoopy 2008 - just pay 45 cents per entry"
or whatever. Annoying garbage, I'd like to block them but then they are the service provider. :?
If anyone asks you to pay in some money for nothing except the random chance of winning more money or a prize, then that is the definition of "gambling" isn't it ? :popcorn:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic