World Cup 2018 Viewing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
KCSR123
Tourist
Great Britain

World Cup 2018 Viewing

Post by KCSR123 »

Hello,

There is a chance I will be in Cambodia during the World Cup and I'll want to watch as much of as possible.

In the UK its simple enough, BBC and ITV show every match. Does anyone know what Cambodian channels will be covering it? It seems to be CBS but are there any others?

Where I live I have about 80 channels which show some (but not all) Premier League matches, FA Cup, Champions League, and also German, French, Dutch and even Thai Matches so I should have all my bases covered.

For you long term residents how did you fare with Brazil 2014?

Thanks
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: World Cup 2018 Viewing

Post by Arget »

There are many sports bars here and will undoutably have it on. The cable networks have sport channels and if you get one of those internet tv thingys you can watch UK channels.
You should be able to knock yourself out with the soccer as much as you want but really why not stay at home and watch it then come here after.
Long way to come to hopefully see something you are guaranteed to see in your home country.
KCSR123
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by KCSR123 »

Appreciate the reply, I live in Asia and work in Asia now so being in the UK isn't an option I'm afraid.

Never have faith watching live TV online, potential buffering headache to contend with.
lionlad
Tourist
United States of America

Post by lionlad »

you can watch it with Firestick.
NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

Hi. Came here to ask the same question now that we are near the Cup. I'll be rolling in to the PP in a few weeks. Anyone know if the sport's bars will stay open for the 2AM/3AM matches? Thanks.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Check out this thread. Should be updates on where to see matches, and please post any good venues for watching live matches late at night or early morning. Most of the matches will be held at Moscow time, but there will be a few exceptions. Moscow time is 6 hours before Cambodian time.
sports-talk/world-cup-football-soccer-2 ... 20620.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic