Is this the best happy hour in the kingdom?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Is this the best happy hour in the kingdom?

Post by StroppyChops »

Andrew over at Rustic Restaurant just posted this:

That actually does seem to be a great offer, but I'm not the professional drinker that some you guys are - thoughts?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Is this the best happy hour in the kingdom?

Post by phuketrichard »

how is that the best happy hour?

so u need drink over 12 beers in 4 hours, ( usually happy hour drafts are $.50)
Truthfully, are there lots of u all out there drinking that much between 3 and 7?

For me, i'd prefer a 2 for 1 happy hour 6-8pm
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I never really drink draft unless I'm with a crowd who are drinking jugs/towers. However it seems like a pretty good offer. It's a pleasant enough place too, I've only been by once or twice since the change of owners but the waitresses are very efficient and the food is always good value and well- presented.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm how is that the best happy hour?

Truthfully, are there lots of u all out there drinking that much between 3 and 7?

So, you're not Australian then. To be honest I've almost stopped drinking beer since moving here, it just doesn't sit well with me any more and a lime soda is more refreshing. I'd say I must be getting old, but I've seen a few of you old timers drink, so that can't be it!
John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 pm I never really drink draft unless I'm with a crowd who are drinking jugs/towers. However it seems like a pretty good offer. It's a pleasant enough place too, I've only been by once or twice since the change of owners but the waitresses are very efficient and the food is always good value and well- presented.
I've not yet been, but sounds like a good place to visit.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm how is that the best happy hour?

So, you're not Australian then. To be honest I've almost stopped drinking beer since moving here, it just doesn't sit well with me any more and a lime soda is more refreshing. I'd say I must be getting old, but I've seen a few of you old timers drink, so that can't be it!
John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 pm I never really drink draft unless I'm with a crowd who are drinking jugs/towers. However it seems like a pretty good offer. It's a pleasant enough place too, I've only been by once or twice since the change of owners but the waitresses are very efficient and the food is always good value and well- presented.
I've not yet been, but sounds like a good place to visit.
i been once before for the breakfast for my review, lovely place and be keen to try other things on the menu, the breakfast was lacking and over priced though

i probably agree with Richard regards to the happy hour though, its 12x 50c or 8x 75c happy hour beers, it is of coarse doable, but thats just to drink the $6 worth you would be paying anyway, after 8 beers id be ready to move onto the next venue tbh,
you can drink free flow Ale and Cider at Kingdom brewery for $8, now that is what i class as a good deal :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 pm you can drink free flow Ale and Cider at Kingdom brewery for $8, now that is what i class as a good deal :beer3:
That's a good deal. What's the time frame?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 pm you can drink free flow Ale and Cider at Kingdom brewery for $8, now that is what i class as a good deal :beer3:
until the taps run dry bro
ive been there from 7pm to 12am before, you might have to change what your drinking to what ever is left available in the last hour or so
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 pm
ive been there from 7pm to 12am before, you might have to change what your drinking to what ever is left available in the last hour or so
here was the choice when i used to go...
-Indochine White Beer
-Indochine IPA
-Indochine Pale Ale
-Kingdom Pilsener Beer
-Indochine Nitro Stout
-Indochine Christmas Stout
-Bruntys Apple Cider
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 pm
Nice. Might be a good place for a CEO meet-up!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:57 pm -Bruntys Apple Cider
I'd need someone else's tuktuk that night.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic