Your Most Shocking/ Funniest/ Weirdest GF/BF Stories From SE Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Your Most Shocking/ Funniest/ Weirdest GF/BF Stories From SE Asia

Post by juansweetpotato »

I guess most of you guys and girls have been in SEA more than once and some have probably lived here a while. I am absolutely certain that you have either heard about, knew someone, or been involved in a bizarre relationship with a SEA man or woman.

What better place to collect them all in one box than CEO.

I'll go first with the first one that pops into my head.

I met a guy in a hotel foyer in Pataya about 10 years ago. We were both sitting at the same table in the foyer drinking coffee. He had a Thai wife and a child milling around doing some stuff or other. While they were absent he started to tell me his story.

He said he was retired but used to work on the mail trains. He had known his wife for about 8 years and had been married 4. The child was about 2.

We started talking about SEA and the things that happen in relationships and he was saying I know, that's me.

He married his Thai wife and would come and go from Thailand to England every 6 months or so. He started telling me about the time before last when he had phoned his wife from the UK and told her to book the same hotel we were sitting in for such and such date. He also told her that he was bringing 20,000 UK in cash so to make sure she booked it,

When he arrived in Pataya on the alotted date, the hotel had not received a booking. He promptly used their safe to put the cash into as he was a regular there, so they knew him. Then he went out to try and find another hotel. He only got a few yards down the road before waking up in hospital. Apparently he had been severely smashed on the back of the head by an iron bar or some other hard object. Cracked his skull open. They didn't get the cash though.

When i asked him who he thought had done it and why? He told me he was certain it was his Thai wife, the same one milling around us with his kid, and that she did it to rob him for extra cash. I can't remember how he found out exactly atm but he was certain it was her that did it.I think it may have been witnesses that saw the attempted robbery and then they caught them and traced them back to his wife.

Anyhow, there he was, sitting in front of me, telling me the story about the same woman that he had gone back to. She came over to the table and I smiled at her.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Your Most Shocking/ Funniest/ Weirdest GF/BF Stories From SE Asia

Post by General Mackevili »

Haha, I will have to reply to this in the morning! I think my strangest encounters were in Indonesia...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

"She said: Tomorrow flee, and I did."
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Sailorman wrote:"She said: Tomorrow flee, and I did."
A mate of mine was in a serious relationship with a Thai girl, not a bar girl her dad was a general in the army. They went to an event and her dad and his mates were there. "I don't like farang," he said, in a very much non-jokey manner. All eyes turned to my mate, who made a swift exit. That was pretty much the end for his relationship.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

cptrelentless wrote:
Sailorman wrote:"She said: Tomorrow flee, and I did."
A mate of mine was in a serious relationship with a Thai girl, not a bar girl her dad was a general in the army. They went to an event and her dad and his mates were there. "I don't like farang," he said, in a very much non-jokey manner. All eyes turned to my mate, who made a swift exit. That was pretty much the end for his relationship.
One family in the village where I dated a girl had a daughter with a black partner who visited once. Mother, who usually smiled, had a face like a smacked bum the whole time when he wasn't looking. He did not visit again and daughter moved back to the village.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

fuck me where do i start with this one....
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:fuck me where do i start with this one....
Start with her name ?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Here's a fairly recent story of which I am privvy to...

An old fella married a PP bargirl several years ago, although not officially because he was over 50. He then proceeded to spend over 20k renovating his wifes parents wooden shack out in the province. Due to work commitments he was only able to spend a few months of the year in Cambodia, and whilst not here, his wife was still working in the bar and going with customers, and she eventually formed a relationship with a much younger man who was also fairly well off.

Using the money she was receiving from her absent husband, other absent sponsors and her new bf, her and her new boyfriend and another bargirl friend opened a bar, and it is doing quite well (no I won't name the bar). The husband, whilst proud of her, couldn't work out how she could afford it. He has been messaging several of her friends to find out whats going on, because she always has an excuse for not being available to Skype with him, and he is obviously starting to (finally!) get suspicious. In the meantime he currently has his house on the market and plans on coming to live here full time with his wife because even though he doesn't completely trust her, he is madly in love with her.

This is the sort of story that we regularly hear about happening in Thailand, but not so much in Cambodia. I can only see this ending in heartbreak, and possibly empty pockets, for the old guy...I hope he comes to his senses and heeds the warnings he is receiving from some of his wifes friends (bargirl acquaintances really).
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Haha I was thinking the same thing. Here's a fairly recent story of which I am privvy to...

An old fella married a PP bargirl several years ago, although not officially because he was over 50. He then proceeded to spend over 20k renovating his wifes parents wooden shack out in the province. Due to work commitments he was only able to spend a few months of the year in Cambodia, and whilst not here, his wife was still working in the bar and going with customers, and she eventually formed a relationship with a much younger man who was also fairly well off.

Using the money she was receiving from her absent husband, other absent sponsors and her new bf, her and her new boyfriend and another bargirl friend opened a bar, and it is doing quite well (no I won't name the bar). The husband, whilst proud of her, couldn't work out how she could afford it. He has been messaging several of her friends to find out whats going on, because she always has an excuse for not being available to Skype with him, and he is obviously starting to (finally!) get suspicious. In the meantime he currently has his house on the market and plans on coming to live here full time with his wife because even though he doesn't completely trust her, he is madly in love with her.

This is the sort of story that we regularly hear about happening in Thailand, but not so much in Cambodia. I can only see this ending in heartbreak, and possibly empty pockets, for the old guy...I hope he comes to his senses and heeds the warnings he is receiving from some of his wifes friends (bargirl acquaintances really).
What does 20K buy you in the way of Khmer housing? I have a shed in my backyard that's larger than some Khmer shacks I see and was less than 2K to build. It's about this big (not elevated):

I assume something like this has to be more like 5-10K.

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I've seen before and after pictures of the house in question...20k gets you a very nicely renovated house out in the sticks...pride of the village.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic