what could Koh Rong?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

what could Koh Rong?

Post by bucknaked »

Hi all

anyone been to Koh Rong lately?
I will sadly bypass Snookie this year for obvious reasons, hopefully the islands are still worth a visit?
Even the ugly ones
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: what could Koh Rong?

Post by bittermelon »

I haven't been there but haven't read of too much negative change on here. The mission seems to be that you need to get to S-ville by 1 to be sure of getting out the same day.Think FLB said that the other day anyway.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

by 1.00...check...sadly, 1 night stopover in Snookie appears to be out of the question now
Even the ugly ones
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I've been several times to Koh Rong but last visit was a 5 night stay on the island in Feb 2018, which was also my last visit to Sihanoukville for the foreseeable future. The island has developed a lot since I first went in Feb 2014, so many places to stay at now & many expensive luxury resorts too for those who don't like to slum it. There are plenty of boats over to the island after 1pm. The Koh Rong website below is the best I've seen & an excellent information source, including ferry timetables & information on all the different beaches to stay at

https://www.visitkohrong.com/how-to-get-to-koh-rong/
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Go to Koh Rong Sanleom instead
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

Hi I looked at Koh Rong Sanleom, it seems a bit quiet for me

I don't want to be in the heart of back packer party town but i do want the choice of some activity at night
Really what we are looking for is the same vibe as Otres, we usually stayed in II but often went down to I as it was a bit livelier

I've been looking at somewhere walking distance to the jetty
Even the ugly ones
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic