International bank transfers

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

International bank transfers

Post by lordofmisrule »

Hi, are there any Cambodian banks which can accept international, swift and iban, bank transfers? Large amounts of money, I’m afraid not mine as I have no large amounts.

Cheers
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: International bank transfers

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

ABA
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

How much qualifies as large? Tend, hundreds or millions?
Think most banks prefer 'large' transactions.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Barang chgout wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:42 pm How much qualifies as large? Tend, hundreds or millions?

Most i have sent in one go was $40,000.
There is no limit to the cash you can bring in or take out of cmbodia so long as you declare it.
Any of the commercial banks or foreign banks should be able to do large amount. Mostly they have receiving fees of 1%
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:30 pm
Barang chgout wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:42 pm How much qualifies as large? Tend, hundreds or millions?

Most i have sent in one go was $40,000.
There is no limit to the cash you can bring in or take out of cmbodia so long as you declare it.
Any of the commercial banks or foreign banks should be able to do large amount. Mostly they have receiving fees of 1%
I don't know about acctuly carrying hard cash over the border. I thought it was limited to $10.000.
As for bank transfers no limit. I rate ABA.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Most countries have 10,000 usd, eur or gbp.limit for cash if not declared. If you declare the cash then a higher limit or no limit applies. If you do not declare the cash it may be seized until you prove it is from a legitimate source
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 pm Most countries have 10,000 usd, eur or gbp.limit for cash if not declared. If you declare the cash then a higher limit or no limit applies. If you do not declare the cash it may be seized until you prove it is from a legitimate source
The other question is would anyone want, or feel safe carrying large amounts of money, like $100.000.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:55 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 pm Most countries have 10,000 usd, eur or gbp.limit for cash if not declared. If you declare the cash then a higher limit or no limit applies. If you do not declare the cash it may be seized until you prove it is from a legitimate source
The other question is would anyone want, or feel safe carrying large amounts of money, like $100.000.
In Cambodia? Serious question?
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:55 pm
Exactly this!

You're just asking for trouble if you bring in that much cash. Hell, I'd rob ya!

Use one of the blockchain based money transfer companies like Veem. It's free to use but the receiving bank will want to make a slice.

Whatever you do, DO NOT declare anything with any government official or we'll be reading about your ass in the obits!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I had no problem transfering 50k US (equivelant) to my ACLEDA acct. last year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic